does it hurt when you jump?

• Just thought id ask the question as it crossed my mind after a work out yesturday which involved jumping jacks .........when you havent done them in years they are so hard and it hurts my entire abdomen , im guessing its because im overweight and mu muscles are weak ???
  • I have knee and foot of tendon issues so I can't do jumping jacks but back when I attempted them while overweight it hurt mystomach from the fat bouncing and pulling on my back too. Have you tried doing some beginners planks? I just started those and they seem to work really well on the ABS.
  • Oh lord I know what you're talking about. The first time I tried them it hurt SO bad. It wasn't my abdomen though as much as my shins..... OW!
  • I know what you mean. I put on a pair of bike shorts/compression shorts to help with the belly jolting if I'm going to do jumping jacks. Somehow they're even worse for that than running; maybe because when you're running your stomach muscles are tensed up bit and protect themselves?
  • oh gosh I used to get that too after a while of jumping my stomach would HURT.
  • Yep , mine does too. I always suck in my stomach muscles to support my back, but after a few JJ I need a break.
  • ah so glad im not the only one..........yeah its really quite tender and sore i try as many as i can do then stop hoping as time goes on and the tummy melts away it get sless pain full