Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-25-2012, 09:54 AM   #16  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Wonderful!! Go you!! I'm so excited. One-derland is just around the corner. You must feel so proud.

I've lost three pounds this week, so not too shabby. I can't wait to see what next week brings!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:26 AM   #17  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

I am SO pumped. Shockingly so. It's almost as intense right now when I got to 250. I felt so relieved, lol... That's starting to happen again. DH is making dinner tonight, so I'm hoping he follows what I gave him. lol, if he does, today will be op!

AND YEY ON THE 3lbs!! I bet your body is all 'hey, i remember this!' and was happy to oblige!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:11 AM   #18  
Calorie counter

Phew!! OMG! (I never, ever use that. ) It has been about an hour and a half since stepping off that machine and I think my heart rate is only just now back to normal. Whoa. My heart was still pounding in the shower and I shower at home, not at the gym. My heart rate is normally down within a good minute or two. I can't believe how intense such a short workout is for someone who professes to be in shape.

I feel like a fool though. The majority of the time on the machine (40 second increments) is spent slow at a really low resistance. People see me huffing and puffing and red faced and sweating profusely. LOL! They walk by machine and they all glance at my numbers. (They really do.) I'm not sure they see me going heavy for 20 seconds. And honestly, you just have to experience it to understand it because saying "Go all out for 20 seconds" just doesn't sound like much, you know?
Old 01-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #19  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

im confused....
are you two trying to do HIIT EVERYDAY?
thats a really bad idea, if thats the case
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:59 PM   #20  
Calorie counter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkroyer View Post
im confused....
No,no,no. Bad idea.. I'm doing it T/TH myself, just two days per week. It's too intense to do otherwise.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:34 AM   #21  
is super awesome.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkroyer View Post
im confused....
Nope. I do it every 3rd day, but I upped my workouts on the in-between days too.. Seeing as how my "workouts" before were like, walking in place, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana
Phew!! OMG! (I never, ever use that. ) It has been about an hour and a half since stepping off that machine and I think my heart rate is only just now back to normal. Whoa. My heart was still pounding in the shower and I shower at home, not at the gym. My heart rate is normally down within a good minute or two. I can't believe how intense such a short workout is for someone who professes to be in shape.

I feel like a fool though. The majority of the time on the machine (40 second increments) is spent slow at a really low resistance. People see me huffing and puffing and red faced and sweating profusely. LOL! They walk by machine and they all glance at my numbers. (They really do.) I'm not sure they see me going heavy for 20 seconds. And honestly, you just have to experience it to understand it because saying "Go all out for 20 seconds" just doesn't sound like much, you know?
LOL. I'm sure they are wondering like, 'what the heck is that crazy lady doing?!' You should wear a shirt that has HIIT on it with a heart around it or something, just so the "gym regulars" know, hahah.

Keep it up lady!!
Old 02-02-2012, 09:53 AM   #22  
Calorie counter

Well, after a stellar start, the loss has come to a halt. It will pick up again if I can keep up with this.

I did HIIT this morning and I'm coming off it a whole lot better now. I gave myself a better cool down though. Rather than going straight to a slow walk, I made myself bring the heart rate down gradually by keeping the resistance on and slowing my pace, lowering the resistance and quickening the pace, and finally backing off altogether.

20 minutes of HIIT is absolute killer. My goal is to get a 5 mile walk in again this evening, but I burned the bottoms of my feet walking that much yesterday. I don't know why that happens sometimes.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:19 PM   #23  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Question

What does HIIT mean? What kind of exercise is it?
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:16 AM   #24  
Calorie counter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickieLou View Post
What does HIIT mean? What kind of exercise is it?
HIIT stands for High Intensity Interval Training. There's a lot of debate out there about what exactly that means, but I have a strong opinion about it. My opinion is that HIIT means going ALL OUT in intensity for a short period of time and active-recovering for a short period of time, repeat. Generally I do this by going all out for 20 seconds and active-recovering 40 seconds. By "all out", I mean as fast and as strong as you can hold for 20 seconds and you couldn't possibly sustain it any longer. It's much more intense than it sounds.

Anything else, in my opinion is just "intervals", which is also an excellent workout!
Old 02-03-2012, 09:05 AM   #25  
is super awesome.

I do that to my feet to sometimes, I thought it was just me, lol. They don't want to be used at ALL when I do that. It used to happen a lot, and then I got different shoes and I don't think its happened with them yet!

Also? 200.0. REALLY. Sigh.

And I agree, hiit doesn't sound like much, but it very much works me to a sweaty mess, LOL.