Does the WW pedometer work on fitness equipment?

• I just started working at the local YMCA, and the biggest perk of employment (for me, anyway) is that I get a huuuge discount on a yearly membership. I'm stoked, because I've wanted to join for a long time but was never able to afford it.

What I'm wondering is: will my WW pedometer work when I'm exercising on the various fitness equipment? Before now, I always walked as my main mode of exercise, so I used my pedometer to track my APs. Will it work the same way on fitness equipment like steppers, ellipticals, and rowers? (I'm pretty sure it will on the treadmill, just because it's pretty much walking anyway.)

Thanks for any input you can provide! I'm pretty new to the whole gym thing so I need all the help I can get.
  • It will probably work on the stepper and elliptical, but not on a rower.

I would just do those machines for time anyway and not use a pedometer as a measurement tool.

Good luck
  • I second that. I doubt it. However, could you figure out your APs manually using an activity calculator? I found one here: http://www.***************.net/links...calculator.htm

p.s. for some reason, the asteriskes kept showing up... replace the gibberish with health discovery(without blanks), and you'll have the correct website.