Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-28-2011, 11:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 145/144/130

Height: 5'6

Default running goals in 2012!

Hi everyone!

i know that there was a previous post about exercise goals in 2012 but I've got some major (maybe impossible) running goals in 2012 and was wondering if anyone else does.

I am hoping to run the chicago marathon this year. It will be my first. I've run a half and plan to do another in April. But the big, lifelong goal that I have is to run a marathon before I'm 30... I'll be 29 in May so the tie has come.

Anyone else? Anyone achieve major running goals in 2012 and want to share for inspiration? Oh, and by major I mean whatever is major for you... I've been running for a while now and some days, a short run around the block is major
christinenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:03 AM   #2  
WigglyWoo

S/C/G: 204/159/135

Height: 5'8"

Wow, the Chicago marathon! Awesome. I wish I lived closer to you because running that race sounds fun. Unfortunately I have a hard time fitting a run into my life right now. I could give you all the excuses. Its too dark outside to run. Its hard to push my 50 pound child in the stroller while running. I will start training again in the spring. Hardly enough time to get ready for chicago.
Good luck to you in preparing for the marathon. I think that is a wonderful goal. You have my support.
Smiles,
M
WigglyWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:26 AM   #3  

Thanks so much for the support! If you want to think about the race, I'd love to have a buddy

I have to say, I find it very difficult to find time to train and I don't have children (except for my dog but that's different). I can imagine how challenging it is with little ones.

Good luck to you as you look towards starting your training up again. I'm sure that it is quite chilly in Canada right now!
Old 12-30-2011, 09:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

I was thinking of signing up for a half Marathon in March, because March is my one year diet/exercise anniversary.
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:17 AM   #5  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

I'm still contemplating my goals for next year. I was thinking maybe a 10k in late April and a half in the fall. I've looked at a couple of halfs around early summer too but don't know that I'd be ready by then. Of course I had a really low energy day the last time I ran so maybe not in the best frame of mind right now.

I live in the Chicago area too and kept seeing all the Chicago marathon clothing in my local running store in the fall and thought how great an accomplishment that would be. What a great goal to set your sights on, Christine!
Somni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:58 PM   #6  

awesome ideas for goals ladies! Thanks for all the support. I can tell you that when I ran my first half, I had a sinus infection and was on antibiotics so it wasn't my best day but because I had trained the right way, I got through it and it was the greatest physical accomplishment of my life!