Motivaiton this winter

• How are you all staying fit and motivated this winter? I am really struggling to do any kind of training at the moment with the shorter evenings and I am getting depressed as a result!

Tips would be welcome!

2012 Goals:
    Sub 12 Iron Tri
    Blog - Suunto Quest
  • I try to workout as soon as I wake up so I can get it out of the way! If I don't get a chance to workout in the morning, then I make myself do it when I get home and before I eat dinner. You could also try making yourself a little calendar and mark off days when you work out...it can help keep you accountable.
  • I get up early and bike as soon as the sun comes up at 6:30! No such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing!
  • I'm planning a summer trip that's sport-focused and I need to be as strong as possible for it to enjoy it to the utmost. Plus, I want to look great when I'm there.

That's keeping me focused and motivated.
  • I bought a treadmill this year. Last year my exercise really slacked off over the winter. Now I don't have any excuse!
  • I keep myself motivated by signing up for different organized events, 5k runs or cycling. My first organized 5k is this Thursday. I also have a 65 mile bicycle ride in March and my first century ride in April. By planning this far out I am able to have a challenge to look forward to and to train for it.

I also try and workout first thing in the am. Rain, wind or darkness does not deter me. My biggest fear is not being seen so I am sure to strap on some lights and reflective clothing.