Weighing more after Exercise?

• I tend to weigh more after I exercise. Is this normal? I don't do weights at this point, but simply walk. I do notice when I walk that my hands swell, so I'm guessing I retain water while walking?

Anyone have experience with this?
  • You're not alone. I used to get mad- just don't weigh yourself after you work out!
    After I run, I just hold my hands above heart level and open and close my fists several times. Lots of water helps too.
  • I used to experience the same thing. My ankles/hands would swell and I would weight more after a workout. Sometimes i even had issues with my feet tingling about 20 minutes in. I talked to my trainer about it and he suggested drinking more water........I started drinking 100-120 ounces a day (and cutting soda and coffee down) and it seemed to help.

I also started the C25K running program......I think this helped more.....not sure if it was the cardio, moving around a lot more....or what, but it definitely helped. I've never been a runner, but this program is awesome.....cant recommend it enough if your body can handle it.

Good luck!