Feeling sick during workout

• Does anyone else ever feel sick during a workout? I was doing a workout DVD this morning and 2/3 of the way through started feeling physically sick. I became nauseous, dizzy and weak. I really thought I was going to be sick on my stomach. I'm not sick (at least I don't think I am ) and I didn't feel like I was over exerting. Has anyone else had issues like this?
  • Did you eat before you exercised? I often find myself feeling nauseous if I'm working really hard on an empty or almost empty stomach.
  • I get that way if I don't hydrate myself well all day long. So just make sure you're drinking plenty of water before, during and after!
  • I had eaten breakfast before, and I'm wondering if maybe I didn't wait long enough to start exercising. I think I waited about half an hour. I was trying to get through the workout without taking water breaks because I didn't want to stop. That may have very well done it too.
  • I would suggest that you eat something light right before you workout - maybe just a slice of toast and then have a protein-filled breakfast afterwards.
  • I only feel like that if 1) I don't have enough food in me or 2) I'm over doing it.

Make sure you have enough fuel in your system, and don't push yourself TOO hard.
  • since i am working on distance running, i've gotten that before. i start hacking and gagging at around 2.5 miles. however, for me, its because my body is not getting enough air and after the coughing is over i feel better.

for me though, i know that its part of it and i dont stop running because i want to push past it.