Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-04-2011, 06:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Size 22/Size 14/Size 10

Height: 5'8

Default Exercise/Weight Loss update and even MORE questions! :)

So I've been back to college since Wednesday, and I'm hoping this year won't lead me back to eating disorders. I have been purge free for about a month now! Yay!

The gym opened yesterday, and naturally I used it. I weighed myself, and I weighed 177. I remember this time last year weighing myself and I weighed 250. I seriously can't believe it.....

So my routine was stretching, lunges, some kettlebell exercises (Some squat/swing exercises with it. I only did 1 set of 10 with each though, with 20-something pounds with me first trying it. A bit heavy. hopefully this will go up.) Then I did this one thing that I can't remember the exact name, but you practice pulling yourself up on this machine. Then I did the leg press thing, then I did a couple free weight exercises (because I really don't know too much) with ten pounds. It felt too heavy for one of the exercises, and I felt dissapointed at first, but I'm trying to be more positive! After, I did 45 minutes on the elliptical (first half hour on 20 ramp and 12 resistance. Last year I believe I lost the majority of my weight doing 1 hour and ten minutes on the elliptical with high resistances and such. I'm trying to go an hour, but I want to build myself back up to that first, since it's been a while since I've used those machines.) After, I stretched and did an exercise where you are laying on the ground, feet on the ground, and lifting your upper body up. Then I tried lifting my legs up high and lowering them without touching the ground.

I guess spot reduction is near impossible, but as you may know, my arms and stomach are the 2 things I am excited to lose. (I have lots of arm flab due to my rapid weight loss.) And my stomach still looks huge and weird to me, especially the bottom. I'm starting to wonder if it'll always be that way. Also, my love handles ruin everything! Anyone else have the same problem?

Any exercise advice? Something you'd like to add that's helped you? And I also, a long time ago, saw someone say something along the lines of "you can't tone your stomach until all the fat it gone from it" or something like that. There is still plenty of flab on my stomach. Does that mean I should continue doing the cardio which lowered the most of it, or.....ugh, I'm so confused myself

Sorry if this post is jumbled up, I'm just excited to post again! Well I'd appreciate some feedback if you have any. Thanks!

p.s. I wanted to add a pic to show my progression so far, but how do I do that? Does it have to be url?

Last edited by ZebraBri; 09-04-2011 at 06:17 PM.
ZebraBri is offline   Reply With Quote