Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 07:47 PM   #31  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hi, Suzanne. I have to say last week was not a great success. I mentioned getting the cardio glide from Mom; well it made my knees hurt like you would not believe. So that kept me from doing much exercise other than getting around campus. But lots of good things happening in my life. I don't think I mentioned but I was invited to join Alpha Betta Gamma Honor Society at the college I attend. I wasn't sure if I should take the honor...well I did decide to go through with it. Then my DH and I were approved for a auto loan! We are new proud owners of a Ford F-150 you can see our new baby by clicking on this link http://r_aniroc.tripod.com/writingpo...002/index.html Then DH aslso started a new job.

Ooops visitors just arrived. Will continue later. If you get to my website please include your sentiments on my guestbook. Talk to you all later. I will return to complete this.
Kina
Old 02-05-2003, 11:20 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone,

Kina I am glad you accepted the honor of joining Alpha Beta Gamma honor Society. Congrats A new car, how fun.

Well I haven't checked in in a while but I have been exercising. My running totals so far are:
treadmill/jogging 16 miles I am going for 46
Weights (my class) 4 times I'm going for 7
I see I am going to have to bump up my jog to at least 2.5 miles a day if I am going to meet my challenge.

Hope all is going well for the rest of you.
Tahoemom
Old 02-10-2003, 10:12 AM   #33  

Hey, how is everyone doing????????

Congrat's Kina on your joining the Alpha Beta Gamma
honour society.

Just a few more days till this event is over.

My milage is pretty good, last week I walked 14 miles so I am happy with that and I just finished 2 miles so far today toward this week, so all is good.

Hope you ladies are still moving, have a great week.

Suzanne
Old 02-10-2003, 10:46 AM   #34  

Hello everyone,

Just a quick update on mileage.

Jogged 23.5 miles out of 46
Weights 5 out of 7

It doesn't look like I will meet my jogging challenge by Valentine's Day I'm not feeling to bad about it. I am finally feeling good about the exercise. I have added a Pilates for Dummies tape that I am trying to do on the days I don't have my weights class.

Hope the rest of you were more successful on completing the challenge. Or maybe you are feeling the way I do that I have succeeded even though I won't complete all the aimed for miles.
Old 02-10-2003, 09:07 PM   #35  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Hello all. Sorry I felloff there for awhile. I have been around just haven't had time to get here. I blew it last week. I don't know if I will make any of my goals, but I am going to bust my AZZ this week to try to make some.

I hope everyone is doing well. I will post again tomorrow my totals so far.
Old 02-11-2003, 08:03 AM   #36  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hey Tahoemom, you are doing so well. That is fantastic. I was watching Oprah the other day and something made alot of sense...this lady that was very overweight came on the show with such results. Oprah asked "how did you do it" and the lady said "The first 30 days I just committed to moving; anything to get some exercise for the day. Then later dealt with the eating." I was like wow. So that is what I committed to doing yesterday.

I wasn't able to do much the past few weeks with school and the pain that that cardio glide gave me. But then I ran into the picnic table and gave myself a huge bruise on my knee...ouch. As if that was all I needed. But I jumped on my elliptical machine yesterday and I will jump on this afternoon.

Okay I will calculate at the end of the week. I am glad to see that you all are doing wonderful. Thank you Suzanne; I hope to be able to uphold the honor of the society.

I have a lot of work to get done before the end of the week; I am going to work my hardest. Talk to you all later.
Kina
Old 02-12-2003, 11:26 AM   #37  

Hello everyone,

Kina, I watched that Oprah as well (my kids weren't to happy with me they wanted Justice League). I loved it, it was so motivating. I was so happy to hear that woman say that she thought you should concentrate on moving the first month. I totally agree with her that if you are trying to be perfect about what you eat and exercise from the start you (or should I say me) are more apt to fail. I am now making sure I jog everyday and am also trying to get in so tummy exercises ( as little as 5 minutes worth is okay with me) and am not beatting myself up when I don't eat as well as I should. I know that I do have to watch what I eat because I am no longer a teenager that only has to move to lose. But that is oay with me, the weight will come off.

I have now stepped off my soapbox and am going to wish everyone and great rest of the week. Please send me good vibes to keep away from the sugar cookies I have tomake today for my daughter's kindegarten class.
Anne
Old 02-14-2003, 11:23 AM   #38  

Happy Valentine's Day everyone,

I am just checking in with my finally totals.

Jogged 36 of my goal of 46 miles
Did weights 7 out of the 7 times I had hoped for. ( this part was easy because I go to my weights class 2 times a week)

I know I didn't do as much as I hoped for but I did enjoy the challenge. Is anyone up for another one?

Anne
Old 02-14-2003, 06:12 PM   #39  

Well another challenge is over, it sure goes by fast.

I have done 41 miles, not 45 as I had set out to do, but that is ok, I will certainly be up for the next one.

I hope all you ladies did well and can step up and do another one.

I will be around for the next event.

Have a great weekend.

Suzanne.
Closed Thread