Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 04:41 PM   #16  

You know, this challenge just started on the 19th? I counted my miles for all of last week to come up with the 17.5 miles. Going from the 19th, I've only got 9.75. Five yesterday and 4.75 today. Geesh, here I am already trying to cheat!! How do I live with myself? You all's schedules sound so much more varied than mine. I need to at least add in some weights for my upper body. Next challenge, I will!! Have a great one ladies!! TTFN,
Old 01-21-2003, 07:58 PM   #17  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Okay I have to truthfully say that I cannot get that yoga into my schedule. Melody I want to add my stepper to my challenge.

So this is what my goals are along with my calculations:
As of Monday 1/20/03...........................................total s
Elliptical machine...100 miles in 4 weeks...............9 miles
Yoga......................2 X a week..............................none yet
Ab roller.................100 reps in 4 weeks...............20 reps
Stepper.................1600 step reps in 4 weeks......400 step reps

My mom bought a second cardio glide (I think that is what it is called?) and she is going to sale me one and so I may add that to my routine. Now the trick is to get it to fit into my week. I'm going to try afterall isn't that what these challenges are for to get us to try harder?

Okay I have homework and I want to go and get my nails done and then get back early enough to get on my elliptical machine. Talk to you all later. BTW! Meloday thank you.

Kina
Old 01-22-2003, 08:32 AM   #18  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Laney- We "back dated" our challenge to the 14th, so count everything you have done from then.

Kina- Great start!

I finally got a pedometer yesterday! So I have a new goal...184,000 steps by Feb 14th.
Old 01-22-2003, 04:17 PM   #19  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

I didn't go back as far as the 14th but those are my calculations for the 16th and up to Monday.

Long day and yet not enough hours to get it all done. I have homework like you wouldn't believe and I am so upset that it seems I may not have time to get some more exercise in. Luckily I got some in this morning. But I like to have some exercise in at the end of the day only to unwind and get some kinks out.

Talk to you all later. I have to get to that homework.
Kina
Old 01-22-2003, 10:04 PM   #20  

My total so far is 10 miles.

This week is going very well, I have been doing the walking tapes everyday, I did 4 miles on Monday so that was good.

Everyone is off to a great start, have a great week.

Suzanne
Old 01-23-2003, 10:01 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone, Kina suggested I join your challenge since I seem to need a kick in the fanny.

My goal is to get in at least a 2 miles of walking/jogging a day and weights twice a week. I am starting today 1/23/03.

I have tried a yoga tape and just couldn't get the hang of it. Does anyone have a good aka easy one to suggest?
Old 01-23-2003, 11:36 PM   #22  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hi Tahoemom...okay everybody LINE UP for her complimentary kick in the fanny welcome...ROTFL! I couldn't resist that one Tahoemom. WELCOME to the thread.

You know the yoga one I use is called "Yoga for Dummies" would you believe. It's on DVD and I bought it at Wal Mart for about 10 bucks. It goes slow enough for me to keep up. The best thing is that it shows each step before going into the whole routine.

Okay everybody you know there are no MAGIC WANDS here it's up to ourselves to make the difference in our lives...we either choose to become healthier and live longer so that we can enjoy more that life has to offer or we take short end of the stick and have a miserable ending. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?

I screwed up my eating at lunch time with mom. But I will be paying for it all weekend. I plan to workout each day instead of taking a break as I had first planned.

On the other hand I am very proud of myself because I am getting up and getting my exercise in in the morning I guess my body knows I won't get it done in the evening.

UGH...you guys...I went and got my nails done and the lady tore off my cuticle and OMG I am in like such pain. But my nails do look good. Okay well homework is sitting right in front of me and I have to get it done or I never will. Oh! I made a friend in class the other day and she thinks I am smart...teehee...*ssshh* what she doesn't know won't hurt her...LOL.

Talk to you all later. Tahoemom GET MOVIN' GIRLFRIEND!
Kina
Old 01-27-2003, 11:16 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning,

I wan't sure when we were suppose to check in, so I will do it on Monday mornings, when I do my weigh ins. Since Thursday, I have done weights once and have jogged 4 miles. It looks like I better put in at least 3 miles this morning.

My treadmill is calling, so I will wish you all well.
Old 01-27-2003, 03:09 PM   #24  

Hey, how is everyone doing.???????

Welcome Tahoemom, I'm sure you will enjoy this challenge, it really keeps you moving.

I have been very well with my exercise this past week, however the eating is another story.

Since Christmas I have been having a problem getting a handle on the eating, so starting today I am going to try and behave.

My total for last week is 10 miles.

Total to date is 20 miles.

Have a great week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suzanne
Old 01-27-2003, 05:14 PM   #25  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Woohoo! I got the cardio glide from my mom this weekend. I haven't calculated my hours for the week.

I will get back to you all on it.

How's everyone doing?
Kina
Old 01-28-2003, 09:31 AM   #26  
Muscle Mommy

Hello Everyone

Here are my total s for the week.

Elliptical 5.2 miles...total 8.2 miles
Weight training...3 sessions....total 4 sessions
Yoga...55 minutes
cardio...20 minutes

I"ll be back to tally up everyone else's and see how we are coming along! Welcome Tahoe! Good milage madtypist, Kina great Job being motivated!
Old 01-28-2003, 11:22 AM   #27  

Wow, I did 26.25 miles on the treadmill this week. I think I'm pushing too hard though cuz my knee is hurting and I h'm getting a blister from my shoes rubbing. I'm taking today off to rest and recoup. Hopefully I'll feel refreshed tomorrow!! Everyone looks great, you're all working so hard! It just doesn't seem fair that it is so HARD to lose weight. WWAAHH...
Congrats on the Cardio glide Kina!! And I know what you mean about getting a handle on the eating, madtypist, it seems like I have no problem sticking with the exercise, it's following a healthy eating plan that I screw up on constantly!!!! Take care all, TTFN,
Old 01-29-2003, 08:22 AM   #28  
Muscle Mommy

Amen to that Serina!
Old 01-30-2003, 01:11 AM   #29  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Busy Busy that's what I am up to.
Totals up to date: Totals
Elliptical machine...100 miles in 4 weeks...............16.1 miles
Yoga......................2 X a week..............................none yet
Ab roller.................100 reps in 4 weeks...............60 reps
Stepper.................1600 step reps in 4 weeks......800 step reps

School has me going crazy and I am so exhausted. I think I seriously need to take my multi-vitamin and get that exercise in DAILY.

Serina~~~you are doing great; keep up the good work.
Melody~~~how are you doing; is your baby feeling better.
Tahoemom~~~come on you can do it; I KNOW YOU CAN!
Suzanne~~~isn't the eating part just the hardest; but you know they go hand in hand. ugh.

Well it is late. I have class in the morning. I will talk to you all later.
Kina
Old 02-03-2003, 02:33 PM   #30  

How is everyone doing, so far so good for me, last week I put in 9 miles of the walking tapes.

Today the roads are bare, I really want to go for a bike ride outside it is very tempting but it is a little cold today for that, by the time I got on snow pants etc. I would not be able to ride. so I will be doing my 2 mile walking tape. I did it once this morning and will get in another one by the end of the day.

My total to date is 29 miles.

I hope you have a great week, keep it moving

Suzanne
Closed Thread