3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Fat over belly button (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/234428-fat-over-belly-button.html)

liliesinmycereal 05-30-2011 10:41 PM

Fat over belly button

Um. Not sure if this is the right category to be asking this. I have fat over my belly button that I'm not sure was there the first time I lost weight. Does anyone know if exercising can get rid of this? Most of the people I've seen have normal belly button regions but I have fat sagging over my belly button.

luckymommy 05-30-2011 10:59 PM

I think it just depends. For me, my bellly button looks sad ;) because of a similar issue. When I've been at my goal weight in the past, I didn't have it so I think I just need to get more lean. I've heard that the plank and side plank positions are supposed to be really good for the stomach but as you probably know, spot reduction of fat is not possible without surgery or a laser procedure of some sort. :)

liliesinmycereal 05-30-2011 11:03 PM

Oh cool I was doing side planks this morning. I need to work on my form and keep this up! I want to do the side plank and pushup combo (haven't done a successful pushup though).

liliesinmycereal 05-30-2011 11:05 PM

I have mixed feeling about the spot reduction idea because I think about how my shoulders are so muscular from the weight of my boobs.

Nola Celeste 05-31-2011 03:55 AM

As I've lost weight, my bellybutton now has a little vertical line from it to my lower belly, plus two little bits of fat that overhang it from the top. At first it horrified me, but now I realize that it looks exactly like an arrow pointing up to my awesome rack. There truly is a bright side to (almost) everything, I guess. :)

While no one can spot-reduce, it's definitely possible that better muscle tone improves the look of the skin atop the muscle. I think it'll also help to give it some time; a lot of long-time maintainers note that their skin snaps back after a longer-term maintenance as opposed to recent losses.

You look sensational in your pic, by the way!

liliesinmycereal 05-31-2011 07:15 PM

Thanks!! I really hope it will snap into place because that is my only weird feeling about my body right now. I will improve the muscle and overall train.

mimi86 06-02-2011 04:55 PM

I have only about 10-15 lbs to lose but let me tell you that fat right down the center of my belly is a pain in the butt! I've been doing planks and have already seen added definition in my obliques--I can see my lowest set of ribs on either side when I move around--and even in the line that comes down towards my belly button from my sternum...problem is that line disappears pretty darn quick and I've got this little pouch of fat that's making my belly button look like the letter T. Nothing for me to do but lose more overall fat and eventually it'll start coming off that particular spot!

Hope your body is different than mine and you're able to get your belly button back soon!

MoniqueDiet 06-02-2011 05:21 PM

This is some really great advice as I have a similar problmem! Thanks!

rawbanana 06-02-2011 10:07 PM

I have a little fat w/ saggy skin over my belly button too, but after having 5 babies, I am thinking its there to stay...I sure hope the skin firms up a little bit though!