Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-05-2011, 10:55 AM   #1  
Skinny Girl In Disguise

S/C/G: 226/212/146

Height: 5ft 4''

Default Walking back to happiness..... o yea

just back from 1 hour (3 mile walk). My happy endorphins are high, i feel great. many more miles to go to look great, but i will succeed! any other walkers out there? what do you think about when you're walking. i find vanity motivates me to walk faster!! i keep thinking of how good i will look and feel when i get the pounds off, or when i can fit into a smaller size etc. i love walking, its free and you can do it anywhere do you agree??
skinniminni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 320/310/185

Height: 5'8"

Hey! I'm a walker, too. I live in the country so there are LOTS of hills. When I walk I think about everything if I am alone... typically, my fiance and I walk together with our two dogs so much of the walk is occupied with us trying to get their leashed untangled. When I d have time to think I spend a lot of time thinking about my job, our upcoming wedding in November, family... I think about my Dad a lot - he died a little over a year ago. Walking is a great time to be outside with nature and get your head clear. Happy times!! =)
Vally26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/212/150

Height: 5'3"

Red face

Exactly! Walking is perfect exercise! Housework, too! Way to go! I'm gonna start pushing out the miles, too. I'm so
excited for the changes to come. Best wishes
Hotmama29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #4  
Skinny Girl In Disguise

S/C/G: 226/212/146

Height: 5ft 4''

vally26 - i'm sorry to hear about your dad, but when you walk its great to really think about your emotions too, because i don't know about you but when i can't deal with my emotions i eat. but when you're out there walking there is nothing but you and your thoughts, you can't avoid them or fill them with food.
I'm going to invest in a pedometer because i want to track all the other miles i walk uncounted throughout the day, running around after children and doing the daily chores, it all counts. myabe i could join the group 1000 miles in 2011!

hotmama29 - like i said you forget about the other daily workouts you do as a mother iin the home and routine stuff. also the walking makes me want to springclean! its like a chain reaction! with the weight loss!!
skinniminni is offline   Reply With Quote