Calling All Walkers! Join Us! - Page 8 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2003, 11:07 AM   #106  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

WNYmom, my thoughts and prayers are going out to DonnaLeigh and family. The Lord works in mysterious ways but He always provides strength and comfort to those in need.

Chris that was a beautiful prayer.
Old 01-19-2003, 02:25 PM   #107  
Eat Less; Exercise More

Amen. My heart goes out to everyone in the family...
Old 01-19-2003, 04:40 PM   #108  

Thank you so much for that beautiful prayer. Patrick left us at 4:04AM Sunday morning. His family was around him and as far as I know they are donating many organs. DonnaLeigh is surrounded by her family and several friends along with her 2 daughters. She also has the thoughts and prayers of hundreds of friends from 2 message boards with members from around the globe.
Old 01-19-2003, 06:20 PM   #109  
Finally Fit!

My eyes well up as I type, Hope God gives them all strength to get through today, and the grace ot getu p in the morning, and go on. Breath in and out, that's the plan of all of us here. Thank God for today. I pray that the family is able to bless someone else wiht his organs. There are many lives being daved because of their generosity. His heart will beat on. I always get a burden for families like that.
Old 01-22-2003, 09:42 AM   #110  

My prayers are with you. Unfortunately God's will is not always so easy for us to understand. As all this war talk starts coming to a head and I keep hearing of people I know being sent over I just keep praying that is all we have..Trust in God and it will be ok... I feel that way about everything I do. Even with my exercising I pray for him to heal me and strengthin me Mind, Body and Soul..God Bless, and pray for us all..
Old 01-23-2003, 08:20 PM   #111  
so close, yet so far...

Hey has anyone out there been walking or moving around for that matter? I know it's been freezing cold in some parts. I went for my normal walk yesterday and it was actually warmer than the past week's been (low 70's). I had to take it easy though as I was having some shin splints and some really achy pain right above my ankle. I even stretched before I left...hmmm, maybe that was my problem, I don't usually stretch beforehand. Anyway, bought some Flexall and it seems to be okay for now. I'll pop some ibuprofen before I go out again tonight. I did 6 consecutive days then 1 day of rest. Then 5 consecutive days with 2 days skipped, then 3 consecutive days. The 2nd day after I skipped the 2 days was the day I had trouble...how can you lose so much ground after missing just 2 days? Maybe I just need new shoes?
Old 01-23-2003, 08:39 PM   #112  

I am lucky to have a treadmill right in my livingroom!!!! If not for that I would not be doing my walking!!!!!!!!!! The temp today was only around 4F with wind chills in the -15 to -20F range!!!!!!! Way to cold to be out walking!! Anyway I would have had to drag my almost 4 year old out as well. No way would I do that!!!!!!!
I did do a 30 minute workout with iFIT.com at level 2 but had to modify it. I just couldn't do the 5MPH run so did a 4MPH run for 1 minute then back down to a 3MPH walk for 3 minutes then back up to the 4MPH. Did this for 3 sessions during my 30 minutes. Felt good but I was beat!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2003, 10:33 PM   #113  
Eat Less; Exercise More

Hey, y'all! Well, I did try. Not as cold here as in some places (like NY--brrrrrr!) but it was, um, nippy. Temp 25 with wind chills in the teens. I bundled up but my face couldn't take it! I had a terrible headache from one time around the block. I wish I had a ski mask...but then the neighbors would probably be calling the police about some weirdo walking the neighborhood in a ski mask!

Also did 30 minutes at Curves. It was actually warm in there! Geez, it's supposed to be even colder tomorrow, and I won't make Curves by closing tomorrow. Guess I'll be getting up early on saturday!

Where's everyone else?

--jane
Old 01-24-2003, 08:14 PM   #114  
Finally Fit!

HI, I'm here, just spend mroe time in my journal, venting. I walked today, after a few days of doing something else. Anything to stay indoors. It's freezing cold, not that it's news to you girls. I've done everything to sty warm. Hard to exercise when you know you gotta get all sweaty, then shower off. Sometimes just staying warm and toasty is more appealing. But i'm still getting my workouts. Cant wait for the weekend.
Old 01-25-2003, 08:42 AM   #115  

Hi guys, as it turned out I didn't ice skate, I chickened out..but regretted it later I opted to hang with the other leader. My daughter later tells me it's like roller blading. ..well shoot I can do that..oh well next time. I did my walking all week, it was hard to get back on it after taking the weekend off..but I missed it..I'm so confused Today I put a book on my treadmill, and before I even knew it I walked 2.5 miles..CAN YOU believe it.. I think I'll try that reading thing more often I worked up to 7 incline. I just got an invite to my 20th Class reunion I didn't want to go, but I'm thinkin..that's my incentive..I just may go it's not until the end of summer..which gives me plenty of time..I'm with you WNY..I just shut my door and spend and hour that is all about ME on the weekends the kids know don't knock on that door unless it is an emergency during Me time. The weight is finally budging..that is probably the most discouraging part how slow it is..I just tell myself that's hidden muscle building..Well til next time..have a great day..stay warm ..and safe..I tell you I have to give it to you people who brave the weather to do you walking..
163/159/130 ish

Hey does anyone get involved with the superbowl ? My hubby and I never watch football but since the rest of the world is watching we pick teams and make little bets for the super bowl just for fun . Neither one knows about either team..this year I picked the Raiders..and does anyone have healthy snack ideas??
Old 01-25-2003, 01:45 PM   #116  
Eat Less; Exercise More

Happy Saturday, y'all!

Just finished a Curves workout and threw in 15 mins on the elliptical trainer and some bench presses to boot. I really have no upper body strength, it's quite sad. I've pretty much stayed inside the last couple of days cuz of the weather, but no excuses! I am probably going to walk this evening too.

Grocery shopping is main agenda today. Going to get some recipe ideas from 3fatchicks and make good choices! Of course, teenage daughters are adding things like potato chips and ice cream to the list even as we speak

My daughter is attending her friend's debutante ball this evening, and I'm elected to crimp her hair and help her get dressed. I wonder if I have film to take a pic (mentally adds to grocery list).

Tricia, ice skating is not quite as easy as blading...but it really depends on the quality of the rental skates I think. I did it alot as a kid, but as an adult it just *kills* my ankles. Plus, that ice is a LOT harder than it looks! Good for you on the treadmill! Makes me wish I had one--we have a stationary bike but I'm not sure I could read on it. and 20th yr reunion--ah, the pressure! I skipped mine, but only because it just didn't seem worth the travel from LA to Mich.

Anyone else walking or working?

have a productive day, everyone!
--Jane

Old 01-25-2003, 05:31 PM   #117  
Finally Fit!

hello all! I walked today, froze my poor ears off, but worth the raised heart rate. Still battling headaches and sore throats. i think the weather is playing with all of us. Can't wait for Spring. I jsut feel better then. Always see pretty color swhen I walk. Winter is so desolate, and bitter. Seems I walk faster, jsut to get it over with. Haven't done my Pilates tape in a few days, but I'm seeing results in my body from doing ab work. I know I need to keep that up. Even walking, I can tell my body's shaping up. Gotta keep this up, cause it was hard as ever to get this weight off. Noticed a magazinea t Barnes and Noble today. So many, miracle pills out there, promising weight loss, wiht no exercise AT ALL.

Worries me, cause the only thing that helped me get healthy was exercise. I cheat more than I should, but the workouts, and the increased metabolism has saved me a lot of grief. Can't imagine how much money people dump into those pills. Although I started out on Ephedrine, and learned the hard way. it's not worth the chest pains, and palpitations. Not to mention the sweating... and jitters. Okay i'm rambling. Just checking in, and love to read the posts.
Old 01-27-2003, 11:29 PM   #118  
Eat Less; Exercise More

Hey, Svelte...I'm walking with you out there! It's probably not quite as cold here, but last week was plenty nippy with temps down in the 20's. I'm trying to walk at least every day, and do a Curves workout the days I don't walk. Tonight I did both! but mainly cuz I got to Curves late and had an abbreviated workout. Doing okay on calories too. Overall a little depressed because the scale's not moving like I'd like it to... I am trying to keep in mind that it WILL happen and I just need to keep it up. It's just hard when the balance of EFFORT vs REWARD feels so out of whack...

Anyone else walking?? mele, how's the weather in Hawaii!! (we are all SO jealous!)
Old 01-28-2003, 03:07 AM   #119  
so close, yet so far...

Hey Jane, I did get my walk in this evening. It's been warming up again and it's been a little muggy (like LA in the heat of summer) but that's okay. We're expecting another cold front soon so it should start to rain a little to cool us off. It's easier to dry off from the rain than to warm up frozen noses and ears. I feel for you gals I really do. I was enjoying the cooler than normal temps the past few weeks and got a little uncomfortable at night when the temps went back to normal. I like to break a little sweat when I'm out, makes me feel like I really exerted myself .

Don't worry too much about the scale. Have you tried the measuring tape or your pants-o-meter? Maybe you're losing inches. I was interested in joining Curves but still haven't worked up the guts to go down and check it out...it's great that you do one or the other or even both. Just keep at it and yes the rewards will come.

On another note, do you participate in any of the Mardi Gras goings-ons in New Orleans? It's coming up soon and I would love to visit for Mardi Gras but I'm a little apprehensive about the infamous antics that go on just to get some beads or doubloons...that would definitely make me sweat . Sounds like a wild and crazy place to be though.
Old 01-28-2003, 07:33 PM   #120  

hi, I am still treadin, my hubby went to 2nd shift for a week or so, has really messed up my schedule I didn't think it would bother me so much to change from mornings to evenings, but I definitely like getting it done in the morning. JustJane, hang in there I too am seeing slow results but I just read that some people see weekly results and others it takes a couple of weeks. Many times too if you aren't eating enough it won't come off or if you are suddenly eating healthy, your body holds out to make sure you are going to keep feeding it. Before it will release. But it will happen..I refuse to give up and don't you either..we will all succeed together Oh, and melekalikimaka here you may need this you go girl. take care guys
Closed Thread