3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Calling All Walkers! Join Us! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/22687-calling-all-walkers-join-us.html)

WNYmom 12-30-2002 11:24 AM

Another plus to having a treadmill SvelteChicky!!!!!!!!
I have been real bad with using my treadmill this holiday season. things have been so hectic and with the tree up and such my treadmill got pushed into the diningroom. I am ashamed to say that I have not gotten on it in well over a week but very surprised to say that I am still loosing weight!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been so busy and I really think that is what is keeping the pounds dropping!!!!!!!!!!! I had a goal of dropping between 5-8lbs between Thanksgiving and New Years and as of today I am down 8.5lbs!!!!!!!!!!!! I have also set my first goal for 2003. It is to drop 15lbs between New Years and Valentine's Day. Anyone else set a goal for next year or thought about it yet? If not this is the time to do it and make sure it is a short term goal and do-able!!! Don't just say that you are gonna lose weight in 03 or that you are gonna watch what you eat in 03. Set a real goal. Write it down on the calendar but make it one you can really do!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck everyone!!!!!!!!

Tricia 12-30-2002 02:26 PM

Ok, here I am, and I'm ready. Hubby is coming along with me. Janine I think I have the exact same treadmill you have. No TV in site yet for me. Here's my trick,...when I was walking before...:o
I would put paper over the timer and listen to music, that way I had no idea how long it was taking..and I would try warm up one song, work for 4 songs and cool down a song..:drill: 3 years ago my hubby and I quit smoking new years 2000 :smoking: We decided this year it's time to commit to getting this extra poundage off for good so our new years 2003 is lots of:strong: and eating right..So here's to the new year. My brother in law, recently had a heart attack and upon his recovery he started walkin 2.5 on incline for 50 min. he started this mid Nov. and by xmas he had lost 22.5 lbs. So it can be done. I plan to tread it 5-6 and bowflex 3x.s and yoga at least 2-3. As I got to dancing at a xmas party :dance: and pulled a muscle in my hip...boy was I embarressed and felt the age...it's time to tune up the whole body..all around..So our official start date is Jan. 1, I just wanted to get ready with some support, before hand..

SvelteChicky 12-30-2002 07:57 PM

Great idea,, and Thank Good ness you're doing this with hubby. NBest support system comes from home. We're here of couse, but it will be easier when you're both diong it. I have a goal to lose 10 pounds in Jan. That'll put me at my goal weight.

Starting Weight: 210
Current Weight: 160
Goal Weight: 150

Took me from may on to get this weight off. My big resolution is to keep it off, and be healthy, and toned by summer. I wish I had a treadmill!!!!

Holstien 12-30-2002 09:22 PM

Hi I am new to this forum as of today. I started walking about 4 weeks ago for the millionth time. As of spring of this year I had been walking 10 miles a day and then after a "vacation" lost the motivation.

So I finally have started walking again. I am walking 5 miles every weekday. I like to walk early in the morning to get it over with, less people see me, and it's cool. I also have to walk outside. If I walk away from my house with cool tunes on then I have to walk back. I basically walk the same way every time. I live on a Marine Corp base so it is inspiring to see the little green Marine Corp butts jogging by. :o

SvelteChicky 12-31-2002 02:20 PM

Booties on Land!

Wow, I'd have not problem being motivated to walk on a marine corps base too! Welcome, and I am so happy you've joined up with us. I havne't done 10 miles, ever! I sually walk one mile, it's not east here, my neighborhood is not a grid or anything. I clocke dit once, and hane't venture dof fthat path in months. I need to ifnd a place I can walk more than a mile. 5 miles is great! What are your stats, and goals?

What a day. Yesterday I did that Cleansing thing. I'm stilll running to the potty. Thanks Godness I can eat today. It was fruits and veggies all day yesterday. Makes you apreciate meat. Well, tonight we're at Dad's, and that'll be an experience. His girlf riend has no sense of humor. I'll just have fun and be myself. She can bite me!!!

RubyBlue 12-31-2002 05:50 PM

Hi everyone
Wnymom you're so right about setting some real goals and writing them down. That's what I'll be doing today before I ring in the new year! Right now I'm shooting to lose 15 more by vday. So we'll see what happens.
Hi Tricia, it's so great you and your hubby can support eachother, great job on quitting smoking 2! I used to throw a towel over the timer on my treader but I'm a peeker, I guess I just have to be more strict w/ myself.

Welcome holstein, 5 miles a day thats great! A marine corps base, now that's the kind of motivation I would pray for!:)

How's it going Svelte. My sister has done those cleansing things. I've heard they can be very refreshing, after all the the bathroom runs of course. Have fun on new years. It's so exciting you are so close to your goal! You are doing great!

Happy New Year to everyone!

SvelteChicky 01-01-2003 06:57 PM

Hey, I lived through the new years, without eating too much. Took my walk early on, so i could just vegitate.... was an anti-climatic night. Woo Hoo, 3...2...1... good night. cheers, and then god night. Couldn't get to sleep at dad's house... woke up early, so I kinda feel drained. Nothing better than a good nights sleep, Glad to be back home. Need to get another 10 lbs off me before the end of Jan. My goal.

WNYmom 01-02-2003 08:51 AM

OK, New Year and I got my treadmill back where it belongs!!!!!!!!!! Today is the day I start on my new goal!!!!!!!!!!! 15lbs by V-Day!!!!!!!!!! Since I have not used my treadmill in almost 2 weeks I think I am gonna start out slow and maybe only go for a 25 minute walk and see how it goes.

Tricia 01-02-2003 02:27 PM

Well I did it ! today was the first day of the new me..I walked 1.75 miles, my treadmill has incline set so I put in a home made CD so I know I like all the songs, warm up to the first song, then up it by incline and speed per each song until I reach 4 incline and 4 speed, and then back it back down the same way. I then did my weights, and situps and stretches and for now I feel :strong: :smug: My goals short term to walk 6 days a week , and to eat right and healthy..and I wouldn't mind losing oh 10 lbs by Feb 14th either..:flow2: But one thing at a time..I have to commit to the walking every day..that will be a big deal for me. AS for my hubby he's doing this too, but as we all know men tend to lose it quicker..and I have a thyroid condition that just means I have to work a little harder to get the same results people with a normal functioning thyroid does..I'm on meds for it and close to where I need to be, for it to work optimally..but even then the facts remain the same. I could sure go for a Marine base myself :sssh: My husband used to be army and we were at Ft. Bragg and I remember um,um..But now I'm in a small hick town in Indiana and we are having a snow storm right now..Treadmills work for me, because I control the climate..:hot: So till tomorrow..
Quote:

Life is what happens while you are making plans..

SvelteChicky 01-02-2003 07:24 PM

Winter Blahs

hey. love your enthusiasm. i need a treadmill so bad. i feel so unsafe walking at night, in the winter. I hate that it gets so dark. I'm gonna bug hubby, until I can get one. Even biking takes daylight. What a bummer. Well, I'm just biding my time until aerobics starts up again. Then I can get workouts easier. I'm dragging that dog all the time. I can't get speed when she stops to smell stuff. Irk!!!

I need to get a better attitude. lately, i'm blah.

Tricia 01-03-2003 10:38 AM

Good Morning everyone,
I just got done with my treadin, and stretchin, hey I beat yesterdays time by 30 sec. :lol: I wasn't as enthusiastic as yesterday, but I try and keep my mind on the finish line. :dancer:
I am 37 and intend on hitting my 40's Looking good and feeling just as good. Hey I figure if the celebs. can do it so can I..My friend is in this with me too, hubby's are fine, but another woman to really tredge though this with, is far more helpful. We my friend and I have made a deal that every 4 weeks if we've done well in any area, we meet for lunch and a $1 movie and check out the goodwill for something new. "we are budgeting..you know"..:dizzy: It gives us something to look forward too. The other thing is with all the "holidays" over I won't really see many people till spring I intend to emerge from my cocoon a butterfly..:goodvibes Sveltechicky: if you have been walking like you have and are that close to goal, you have proven yourself you deserve that treadmill. You know Goodwill has them alot and we have used exercise equip. place down here check around you may have one to and it may be worth it for you.
My Goals: Now: 163/163/130 Keep on ;) till tomorrow Have a great day!

SvelteChicky 01-03-2003 01:02 PM

Yeah, I looked in the Bargaineer (local cheapy paper),a nd found a couple. I'm just worried i'll buy it, lug it home, and find out it's broken, or something I don't know about needs to be fixed. Then, someone told me you have to worry about your carpet, and the shock absorbancy thing... what do I need to look for, really? I just wanna walk and walk and walk... and maybe some incline would be great, and I want it to be electronic... not manual.. ugh, i need it to move.. cause I'm hard to get going sometimes. I deifinitely am on the lookout for a bargain treadmill. Thanks for the encouragement, wish hubby was so gung-ho about getting me one... (he'll come around when I find a good deal)

DawnStorm 01-03-2003 01:19 PM

I have got to get back into volksmarching! What the heck is that you may ask? :?: Volksmarching is simply recreational walking. The path is predetermined, and usually 6 miles long (10k for you metric types), although many times there will be a shorter path of only three miles. The only object is to have fun, get in shape, meet like-minded folks and maybe see some parts of your state/province that you didn't know existed. Plus it's dog friendly and if you have a child, you can bring him along as well! You can check out this website: ava.org. :cool:
Gotta get up off my behind! Oh that I could look like Jasper and have his energy! That's my Doberman, and there's not a trace of fat on him. And you Doberman owners know that 'fatigue' is simply not in their dictionary! :D

WNYmom 01-03-2003 03:56 PM

I am so surprised with some of the distances you walk. I only do about 1 mile a day for 3 days a week!!!!!!!! Time is limited and I try to get my walk in while my youngest is at school. I only did a 25 minutes walk yesterday but today I did 30 minutes. It felt good to get back on the treadmill. Yesterday when I went to log in my workout I realized I had only worked out twice the whole month of Dec!!!!!!!!! :yikes: I have also signed up to do the Make-A-Wish World Wide Workout at iFIT.com It will modivate me to possibly workout more than just 3 days a week.

SvelteChicky 01-04-2003 09:21 AM

Yeah, I"m a 1 miler myself... With my neighborhood, by the time you get back home, you feel like you've walked a marathon.. and I walk fast, cause I don't feel safe... but, I walk,a nd that's all that matters. For all the girls that walk mile after mile... that's so good for you... I'll get there, eventually... probably with a treadmill. Wishing and hoping and praying and begging....