3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Another 4 week challenge please join (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/21979-another-4-week-challenge-please-join.html)

lodyangel 11-29-2002 09:55 PM

Okay Ladies, Sorry I have been MIA...Here is what I got so far...

Totals as of 11-29-02

Lodyangel Goal 50....7 miles in :(
Kina Goal 50... ?
Cac...work out 4 times per week...actual ?
Madtypist....Goal? Actual 17.5
2cutekids....Goal ? Actual 18.5
Manatees....Goal 50....Actual ?

If these are wrong or if I have somehow missed your goal, please post and let me know and I will correct it. Again, sorry these are late!

Keep those bodies moving ladies! Tis the seson to gain weight! I challenge you to lose! Come on ladies we can do this! Anyone else out there? Join in... You can make a mini goal til Dec. 9th.

I will post new totals on Monday, December 2nd...we only have 10 days left! :o

Kina 11-30-2002 03:52 AM

Welcome back Melody!

As of today I have 36 miles. I am trying my darndest to see 180 by Christmas. I hope that I will.

Okay it is late and I am tired. bye
Kina

2cutekids 12-01-2002 10:44 AM

Hi everyone I put in 21 mile this week. My goal is to get 60 miles in. I have 21 more to go I think I will get there by the 10 or so I hope.
My goal for Christmas is to get to the 150 by Christmas I am at 164 right now. Better go
Tanya

madtypist 12-01-2002 05:29 PM

Hi to All!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone seems to be doing good, even with xmas coming on us fast and yes I will keep moving for that reason alone. :dizzy:

My goal is 45 miles this month, and so far I have done 28, not bad but will have to get moving a little more this week, I will do more of the walk away the pounds tape, maybe I will have to do that twice, :p plus my nightly walk in order to get up to my goal....

Have a good one.

:) Suzanne

Kina 12-02-2002 12:35 AM

Hello everyone! So what are we running from...just kidding...probably from those tempting chocolate sweets sitting on the kitchen table. LOL

I have taken in another 15 miles so my current mileage is 51 which means I have made goal for this challenge but I plan to hopefully double it by the time this challenge ends. By the way when does it end so I get myself in gear to challenge myself.

Big thumbs up to all of you who are nearing the end of your challenge and also to all of you who have determination to complete this challenge. Give it your best.

Talk to you all later.
Kina

lodyangel 12-02-2002 08:32 AM

Okay I said I would come back today and add up the new totals, so here goes.

Madtypist Gaol 48...28 completed
Kina Goal 50....51 completed :cb: You Go Girl!
2cutekids Goal 60...completed 39
CAC Goal workout 4 times a week...actual?
Manatees Goal 50...Actual ?
Lodyangel Goal 50....actual 10 miles completed

...but in my defense I have been working out, but I have been doing alot more strength training...I am back on the walking "ball" however, and will do better the next challenge.

This challenge ends 12/9...one week left...

Let do it ladies!:)

2cutekids 12-02-2002 10:53 AM

Great job Kina nice to see some one is compelleted their goal. keep going and see how far you can go
Tanya

papes 12-02-2002 11:27 AM

Hello
I am new to this web site. I noticed this four week challenge will be over soon. I wanted to know if you were going to do it again. I would love to do it. My goals would initially be small but I need to start somewhere.
Keep it up-- you guys are my new inspiration to start exercising again!!!

Kina 12-02-2002 12:50 PM

Welcomes and Hellos

Welcome Papes. I know you will enjoy your time here. This thread is a great way to get you moving for sure. Even though the challenge is coming to an end couldn't hurt you to set your goal small for the last week and work hard at it. Always take advantage of an opportunity.

2cutekids~~~thanks for the thumbs up. I hadn't been able to make my goals in a while since school has me so busy but this time was a good feeling of accomplishment. I needed it. Now that I know when the challenge ends I will push to double my goal. I think I can do it.

Melody~~~thanks for tracking our mileage. You don't know how much the visual side of it helps. Are you feeling better since your accident?

Well I am at work and it had slowed down so I wanted to pop in and say hello and see what everyone was up to. I will check back this evening if I get chance. Actually I don't think so I just remembered Mom and Dad are coming over for dinner.

Til tomorrow...bye
Kina

ceejay52 12-06-2002 02:39 PM

Mind if I join you ladies--I like the idea of a challenge to get moving.
CeeJay

Kina 12-06-2002 06:00 PM

Please join us CeeJay! Welcome to thread. Everyone here is freindly beyond explanation. They are the greatest group you can possible come across. And they are for sure the greatest motivators I have ever come across.

Of course as you know we have alredy started and will be finishing pretty soon but you can set a small appropriate goal. But be ready for the next one.

Okay I am out of here I have to get serious about my homework. Bye.
Kina

madtypist 12-09-2002 05:11 PM

:) Hey everyone how are you doing and welcome Ceejay.

Well ladies my goal was 45 miles and I clocked in 38 miles for this round. I really miss my outdoor bike riding :( I can't seem to get in that many miles without my bike. :D

So for the next round I will try for another 45 miles and see if I can increase this walking thing...;)

Hopefully all of you did well on your miles and I am planning on moving my butt this next round because of the holidays starting. I would not want to see the shape I would be in after the holidays if I did not do all this exercising. :lol:

Have a great week and I will check in next week.

Thank you Lodyangel for keeping track of our milage and for doing all the posting. :)

Suzanne

2cutekids 12-10-2002 10:59 AM

HI I am trying to figure out my miles
Tuesday 5.3
Thursday 5.3
Saturday 5.5
Sunday 6.3
Tuesday 5.3
Total 27.7 miles
I guess I did 27.7 miles last week
Tanya:)

Grandma G 12-16-2002 08:24 AM

Hi Ladies,

I know this challenge is about over, but I hope you will be starting a new one and I would like to join you. I am working at losing weight, I've lost 39 lbs since last March and although I do fine with my eating program, I keep putting off exercising and I really need some motivation. I think this might be just what I need.

I wont be able to keep up with any of you, but I would like to try in my small way. I have both an exercise bike and a treadmill. Although I use my treadmill sporadically I haven't been using my exercise bike for some time but plan to start in with it again today. so will post my meager distance when I finish. I am 63 years old and have some health issues, which I hope to improve with exercise. I have never been very athletic so don't expect much. But anything is better then nothing, right?

12/16/02 - 1 mile on the bike - I am back and I did it, not much I know but it's a start! I will set my mini goal for 10 miles a week, don't laugh. I might be able to make that!
12/17/02 - 1 mile on the bike - keeping at it!
12/19/02 - 1 mile on the bike - adding up slow but sure - only missed one day so far!
12/20/02 - 1 mile on the treadmill - I walked for 25 minutes and went a mile, this is the longest and furthest I have been on the treadmill - those miles are adding up, slow but sure!
12/21/02 - 1 mile on the treadmill - I walked for 25 minutes and went a mile again - I am doing it and those miles are adding up
12/24/02 - one mile on the treadmill - I walked for 23 minutes and went a mile, I cut two minutes off my time - I am very encouraged, I can do this!

Well that is only 5 miles in six days, but at least it is a start and I will keep going until Christmas day with this challenge. It has helped to jump start my exercise program. Thanks for the idea - Also it helped me lose another pound - 40 lbs gone for ever!

I missed a couple days, but didn't quit, I did another mile this morning and shortened my time for the mile, I'll do it again in the morning and bring it up to 7 miles on christmas day! I can do this, I know that now - all it takes is perseverance! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE, AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

207/167/147

madtypist 12-16-2002 04:03 PM

Hi to everyone and welcome Grandma G. and anyone else who wants to join, this site keeps me moving, and I feel good even if I don't do a lot of milage it is sure worth any amount that I do. Better than not doing any at all. Especially at this time of the year when I have already been eating too much.. :dizzy:

I am going to set my goal for 45 miles again this time and I will try to get in a mile or two extra per week, :D gotta keep moving and make room for the turkey.. I think Santa has got me the 2 mile walk away the pounds tape, soooooooo I will be doing 2 miles instead of 1.

Well ladies have a great week and welcome anyone who wants to join, and if I do not get back again this week or next week have a Very MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone...:D

Happy Holidays..........

Suzanne