exercise question

• Now that the sun is up in morning, i was thinking i *might* be able to drag myself out of bed and do some exercise in the morning. i shoot for an hour a day of exercise, but if there is no time or i am sick, i will do 30 minutes. Anyway, is there any information that doing 1/2 hour in the am and 1/2 hour later in the day is more beneficial than doing one hunk of 60 minute exercise?

i ask because once my heart gets going it feels elevated for hours so this may result in more heart rate elevation but again-it's just a thought. Let me know if you know anything

thanks guys!
    -fm
  • I'm no expert, but I've read that breaking it into 2 sessions is equally as beneficial. Just make sure you keep the intensity up.

I actually did this yesterday - 30 minute "Shred" DVD in the early afternoon & 30 minutes of treadmill cardio in the late evening. I thought it worked out great & was more manageable for my schedule.

Bottom line, whatever helps you to get that workout in is what works best .
  • thank you!
    As some wise person said, any exercise that works for you is the best exercise! i may have to try it. Some days cutting out 60 minutes all at once seems impossible!

-fm
  • I do that occasionally and it seems to work fine. I'll normally do my 30 DS in the morning, then bike for a bit in front of the TV in the evening, or even do some yoga or pilates or whatever.