3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Weird sensation in legs after walking.... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/215903-weird-sensation-legs-after-walking.html)

EvilGidget 10-27-2010 12:31 PM

Weird sensation in legs after walking....

Hi everybody.... I just stared walking last week, and I am doing either a mile, or a mile and a half every day. Moderate pace.

Yesterday and today, I have noticed that now when I take a teep breath, yawn, or cough... I have a weired sensation in my legs.

It's not painful. It's just odd. It sort of shoots down from the top of my thighs, almost to my knees. It feels as if I am feeling my blood spurt through my viens.

Any idea what that could be? Think it's anything to worry about?

Thanks in advance!

cherrypie 10-27-2010 12:38 PM

probably just a muscle twinge

cheryl126 10-27-2010 12:42 PM

As cherrypie suggested, it could just be a muscle twitch if your legs aren't used to the exercise. Have you noticed any color changes in the skin, i.e. reddening or paleness/blueish hue, or does the leg feel more cold or warm to touch that it does normally?

EvilGidget 10-27-2010 01:43 PM

No changes in color or temp or anything... just weird twinges. Doesn't really feel like muscle twinges... but I could be wrong. Feels more internal than that... like veins... I dunno

Rochester 10-27-2010 02:17 PM

When I first started running, afterward, I would get this weird tingly sensation in my legs, almost like there were bugs under my skin. I don't know if this is the same as what you are describing?

My niece, who is a physical therapist, said it's lactic acid being released from the muscles and the best thing to do is to keep moving as much as possible. I guess eventually your body adjusts to your exercise routine and doesn't produce as much lactic acid and you only experience the feeling if you drastically increase your routine. (Also, I googled about this phenomenon, and supposedly in extreme cases, you can actually hear this with a stethoscope and it sounds like popping bubble wrap! )

EvilGidget 10-27-2010 03:33 PM

Wow... that's crazy... I thought lactic acid was in your breast lol... show's how medically educated I am HA!

Wildflower 10-27-2010 04:15 PM

I get this feeling occasionally too. It's almost like a "pulse" or twitch in my veins. It feels like they are clogged and the blood can't get through. I hope that's not the case!

I don't know what it is, so I am not helpful other than as a testimate of still being alive after this happening for several years. And I wanted to chime in that I believe I know what you are talking about!

EvilGidget 10-27-2010 10:31 PM

"It's almost like a "pulse" or twitch in my veins. It feels like they are clogged and the blood can't get through."

That's exactly what it feels like... thanks for helping me explain it... at least I know I'm not the only one ;)