Fun Cardio DVDs?

• Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some fun cardio DVDs that are effective without being draining or majorly time consuming.

I used to exercise compulsively, so I need to ease back into things with something enjoyable!

Thanks in advance.
  • hip hop abs is fun.. could be a little draining though
  • Zumba!
    I'm totally in love with my zumba dvds. I've got a decent collection of workout dvds that I've accumulated over the years, and I've NEVER stuck with any of them for longer than two weeks. I've been working out with my zumba dvds for about two months now and love every second of it. The time seriously passes without me noticing, which is a huge plus when working out. And its fun! I'm definitely no dancer, but in my own living room I just shake what I got and sweat like a fiend. Good times all around!
  • Thanks for the replies, guys.

trying2doitall, I keep hearing good things about Zumba! Do you need all of the DVDs? Just had a quick look and the set is a few hundred here but I could pick it up on ebay for cheap, I think.
  • I purchased my zumba dvds from the zumba website...I think it came to about $72.00 after shipping and handling was added on. I checked out ebay and it looks like you can buy single dvds, but for the price you may as well buy the set (or at least that's my thinking). That way, you can switch it up once you get a handle on some of the moves and do the cardio party and the zumba live workout on the other dvds.

There's something to like on all the dvds. The "basics" dvd has a nice 20 minute workout on it that is over before you know it. I usually combine that workout with the 20 minute standing ab workout. Then there's the cardio party dvd that's 40 minutes or so. And on the ab workout dvd there's also a live workout that's fun because you get to see a whole mess of people of all fitness types and ages working out. I really haven't gotten into doing the sculpt and tone workout, I'm thinking of adding that into my routine next week (or earlier if I'm feeling froggy).
  • TurboFire!
  • I really like the Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds ones (I have the 3 and 4 mile Express walk). I am not very coordinated and get frustrated when trying to follow dance moves so these work out great for me.