anybody racing this weekend?

• I'm running the Women's Four Miler race tomorrow outside of Charlottesville, VA - my second race. I don't have any specific time goal, just want to run the whole thing and get another race under my belt. I'm guessing I'll finish around 48 minutes, a 12 minute mile pace. I don't know the route (can't run on it because it is a busy road with no shoulder - they are closing the road for the race) so not sure about hills.

Anybody else gearing up to race over the next three days? Let's share our goals and cheer each other on!
  • I'm doing a half marathon tomorrow! It's my first race and I'm pretty nervous about it! It's Marquette's first annual marathon/half-marathon. I know I can run the mileage as I did a 14 mile run a few weeks ago, but I'm just nervous about people/spectators. I just want to finish without having to walk! I don't really have a goal otherwise.
  • Hey! How did you do on the race? I finished mine today at 2 hours and 43 minutes which is far better than I thought I would do and I actually loved having all the spectators cheering me on. I think it upped my time!
  • I just finished my first half marathon too! Rock 'n' Roll Virginia Beach. Man did my feet hurt after that!!!! But now I think I'm hooked because I'm already scoping out more, lol.