Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2002, 05:27 PM   #1  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Default 8 minutes in the morning- jorge cruise

I am just starting 8 minutes in the Morning by Jorge Cruise and was wondering if anyone has tryed this before. I saw it is womens world magazine.
Old 01-31-2002, 05:13 PM   #2  

Wink

Hi there. I have the same magazine, and it has been opened to the exercise page all week. I just haven't been able to muster up enough energy to do any of it. How is it going for you?
Old 02-01-2002, 12:01 AM   #3  
Bev

HI

it is going pretty good.- I actually feel like my upper arm is getting toned even after just doing for about a week. YOu should try it .
Old 02-02-2002, 02:11 PM   #4  

Angry

I also have that magazine. First thing in the morning, I will give it a shot.
Old 02-03-2002, 12:29 PM   #5  
Bev

Pauline,

let me know how it goes for you. I really like the program. I lost 1/2 lb this week just by doing the exercising and not following the eatting program. On monday I will follow that whole program.
Old 02-03-2002, 02:05 PM   #6  

Hi Everyone!

I saw this thread and got so excited! I love this program. I've been doing it off and on for 42 days and it really does work. I haven't even been following a strict diet but I can sure notice the difference when I do this program. It really does work. I'm starting on Monday again with another 21 day session. I took a few weeks off and have noticed the difference and need to get back into the swing of things. It's great to have this thread for support.
Old 07-18-2002, 04:52 PM   #7  

Angry 8 Minutes

I'm kind of excited.. I was at webmd.com and he was hosting a chat today and he really explained alot of things. He also invites you to become one of his 8 Minute Marvels...He's also coming out with a book and/or video for plussize women. I'm going to go tonight and check out the book...Not sure if I'll order the tapes yet or not....I hope more people post here that use his system....I think even I can manage 8 minutes of something
gardeniaz1964
Old 07-19-2002, 10:37 AM   #8  
prepare for the BEST time

Hi everybody:

I have seen Jorge on CNN a couple of months ago and ordered his book. The program motivated me to just get up in the AM and do exercise. There is definitely a difference even if I do just 2 weight sets and 10 mins. on my ellip. machine.

I've maintained *most* of a 60 lb. weight loss for 2 years, but it was slowly creeping back up....so I had to motivate myself to get back to work before 10 lbs of gain turned into 20-30-40 lbs. another reason i came back to this website, I remember how MOTIVATING everyone was.

I find that if I do exercise first thing, I don't worry about fitting it in the rest of the day. (I usually work 9-10 hours every day in my office).

Jorge also has a website, but the name escapes me at the moment.
Old 07-24-2002, 01:20 PM   #9  
Lurker

umm. . . www.jorgecruise.com

I've been doing this for a few weeks. I get up most mornings at 5:45 and do it before getting ready for work. It's easy now since it's daylight. We'll see what happens in the winter when it's dark AND cold.

I can't tell if this particular program is working because I do other workouts, but I know it is better than doing nothing. I'm an aerobics instructor so I actually changed his program around so there isn't so much standing then laying down, all fours then sitting in a chair, etc. It's time-consuming to keep switching positions and I ONLY have 10 mins to do this.

Also, if I don't do it in the morning, I make a point to do it after work so there is no excuse.
Old 07-29-2002, 10:10 AM   #10  
mim

Default any info on the web?

This has intrigued me....8 minutes in the morning....so I have done a little research to find out if there is any information on the web available for free. I have spent so much money in the past 10-15 years on exercise equipment, videos, diets, etc...just once I would love a free lesson plan.

I did find a link on ivillage to Prevention magazines sneak peak at a 6 day plan by Jorge Cruise. I wonder if it is the same as in the Woman's World magazine (I must have missed that issue). I found it here http://www.prevention.com/cda/featur...4,2138,00.html

I would love it if anyone can add to this or tell me if this is correct or send me in another direction.

Thanks,
mim
Old 10-02-2002, 11:18 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

i noticed that no one has posted on this for awhile and thought I would pull it up to the top and see if anyone else is still doing this.

I have been doing this now for 24 days and pland to start over at the end with heavier weights. I love this program. I have definetly noticed a difference in my upper arms and bust area.

I wake up in the morning and do a 5 minute stretching routine that I got from Denise Austin's book 21 day Jump Start (an older book - came out several years ago), then I do my 8 minutes in the morning, then i get on my treadmill for 30 minutes.

I love it!!! If I am not in the mood to workout I can tell myself it is only 8 minutes and then if after that I dont want to do anything else then I dont have to get on my treadmill. By the time I do this I get motivated and almost always get on the treadmill.

I will let you know about my sucess after I get to 28 days. I am going to do my measurements then.

How is everyone else doing???? I would love to hear.
Old 10-03-2002, 07:45 AM   #12  

Default Help?

Hi all. It's been a long while since I've posted in a while... I've been doing a lot of soul weight loss searching..

This past February after I came withink .4 oz of my weight goal with WW, (105 weight loss)I decided to step back, because the next week for some odd reason, I gained quite a few pounds back and I was crushed...

I had decided to back away from WW, because I was becoming to obsessed with points, weighing in and just with WW period, and the new leaders were not speaking to my soul... Yes, I gained some pounds back, as I expected, and I have not weighed myself since February of 2002, almost three years from the time I started WW..

No, I do not plan to go back to WW, but I still somewhat follow the plans..

I need help with exercise... I don't have a buddy, and I don't get on the internet much to even keep a buddy... I 've done a lot. I was doing everything you could think of to drop my 105 pouns, walking, walking of the lbs, Gilad, weights just to keep some kind of hold off.. But, lately for the past several months, I have been hitting these exercise depression modes. I will be fine for a while, then, get down on myself and just can't get motivated...

I get easily bored with somethings... I push myself, then, I push myself back.

Please let me know more about the 8 minute routine? I can't seem to push myself to do those long workouts. I'll do them once in a while.. .Well, ok.. I'll stop rambling...

Can you tell me some little things about the works outs... What are, before I set out to buy...

Thanks,

Denise...
Old 10-05-2002, 01:05 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

SwanLake - Congrats on your major weight lose!!!! I know how hard that is...

I have about 75# to lose before my wedding (May 3, 2003). I have done the weight watchers thing in the past and while you felt obsessed with counting points I was the opposite I had the hardest time counting.

As for 8 minutes in the morning. It is real basic. He has a book that is I think under $20.00. You need two set of dumbbells that you can buy at Target or Wallmart for under $20.00 for both sets. The weight depends on you. He tells you how to buy them. To be honest I have one set of 5#'s that I have used the first time through. I will go back and get a second set of maybe 7# to go through again.

The program is done in a 28 day program. Each day you do a basic warmup and them just 2 different moves in 4 sets of 12. Thats it. He talks about eating although to be honest I havent really paid attention to it. He also talks about walking if you are interested. I do walk on the treadmill for about 30 minutes a day.

I have enjoyed it. I think it is a great thing for beginners and I also think it can keep going with you.

I understand about not being motivated for long workouts. That is how I am but with this I sometimes feel like I could go on and so I then get on the treadmill.

He has a website www.jorgecruise.com that you can take a look at.

I hope this helps you.
Old 10-11-2002, 12:35 PM   #14  

Angry Thank you

Your reply really did help... I'll check him out... Just need a change, and hearing from someone who is doing his program and they feel pretty good about it helps...
Old 10-22-2002, 01:13 PM   #15  

Default Starting on Monday!

Is anyone still doing this?

I have lost 25 lbs. since June 10th. I use the Richard Simmon's foodmover to watch my food intake (it is basically a diabetic diet) and have tried many exercises but I am struggling.

I have a bad back (bulging disc in my lumbar) and NO TIME. I used to love to weight train, but I can't put in an intense workout at the gym. (I actually love lots of exercises, but the time/money/back issues always seem to get in the way)

I thought 8 minutes in the morning would give me a place to start - two weight training moves a day shouldn't irritate my back.

I am going to add some physical therapy moves to the cool down. I also walk around the park near my work at lunch. I love walking.

I would like to lose 15 more lbs, although toning up is getting more important than the overall scale report.

Just wanted to put this out there and see if anyone's doing it. It's nice to find people to chat with who are doing the same thing.

Take care!
Closed Thread