3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Would you hire a personal trainer to come to your house? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/209093-would-you-hire-personal-trainer-come-your-house.html)

ddc 08-04-2010 08:27 PM

Would you hire a personal trainer to come to your house?

Hi chickies,

I recently read about a personal trainer that would come to your house to train you.
It got me to thinking 'would I want a man in my house training me ?'

I think I would be too uneasy--and my hubby probably would too :o
Nope, I don't think hubby would go for it at all.

Anyone ever hired a trainer that comes to you?

goreplz 08-04-2010 08:38 PM

I am unsure as to how much it costs. But I would if I had the money. It would be lovely. And it doesn't have to be a man if that makes you uneasy. But my house has no facilities so I would rather meet my personal trainer at a gym or something.

ddc 08-04-2010 09:04 PM

The website that I was looking at says it's $50 for an hour and he brings the equipment to you: exercise ball, medicine ball, step, resistance bands, bosu ball, dumbbells.

I have most of that stuff already at home :)

LockItUp 08-04-2010 09:44 PM

I have been a personal trainer, I guess technically I still am, just not in shape anymore. I trained people at their homes and brought all the equipment if they didn't have any, or much. I think $50 is very very reasonable!

TheRightWeigh 08-04-2010 10:29 PM

I think it's ritzy...
but I think if i had that kind of deal he's offering I would go for it...i'm a male though...don't know if that's supposed to make me less uneasy lol. I'm not the hugest fan of strangers in my home...

applelady 08-04-2010 10:58 PM

I don't think it would make me uneasy; but, out of respect I would honor my husbands thought/concerns and wishes. After all, I might feel a bit uneasy of the roles were reversed. That said, I think a trainer in a gym lends more to the feeling of dedication and personal responsibility. Each time you go; youre making that decision to take a proactive role. Plus it's a bit cheaper and u can spend the savings on new clothes. :-)

Shytowngal 08-04-2010 11:12 PM

I bet you could find a female trainer that makes housecalls. Back in the day I had a trainer come to my condos gym to train me... we ended up dating a year, yeah use your imagination to how that started.

edited to add that I was single at the time, didn't want people to think I was cheating on a husband or anything!

Windchime 08-05-2010 12:00 AM

Yeah, I dunno......is he cute? :)

I'm single, so I might consider it if I had workout space at home. But really, I'm a pretty private person and so I'd probably be more comfortable meeting a trainer at the gym, just because I my house is my private space and I don't really want a stranger traipsing through.

kcx 08-05-2010 12:32 AM

Hmmm, $50/hr is a great deal for that one on one time and it is great if you have a hard time motivating yourself to go to the gym.

Personally though, I think I'd rather pay a $50/mo gym membership, but that's cause I'm broke ;) If I had unlimited income I'd definitely do it.

luckymommy 08-05-2010 01:02 AM

Why not just meet at the park? Ultimately, I'd make sure that my hubby is comfortable with it....

TheRightWeigh 08-05-2010 01:28 AM

@Windchime I LOVE that you said "traipsing"! Random,but true...