Escape your shape

• I just saw a book at the libraray Escape your Shape-- has anyone read it before? I was wondering if exercising for your body type really works.
  • Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!?

I have heard of this. The answer is YES, but probably not quite how the book would have you believe.

We do have certain body types and differing body composition. Certain types of exercise will have different effects on each of these BUT it would be very difficult to work exactly to you body type without having a team of sport physiologists, biomechanics etc to help - you'd need a muscle biopsy for a start!!!!

Basically, like so many other "wonder" diet/exercises this one attempts to cash in on good scientific principles in an unscientific and unproven way. There will always be someone for whom it works, and works wonderfully. But for the majority it will either fail to make any difference or just be a more difficult/expensive way of getting the same effect as a good ehalthy diet and sensible amount of physical activity would get you.

Having said that, if I get to read a whole copy (I have only seen snippets) I could change my mind - but I doubt it. Stef