Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-04-2010, 11:14 AM   #1  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Default Wii Just Dance - Favorite Songs/Dances

I just started doing the Just Dance game last week and am loving it. I read all the reviews online and even though it got mixed reviews I still thought I would like to try it. I live alone (nobody to watch me, so that's good), and have nobody to talk to about this game. It's silly that I am this excited about a video game. I have had my Wii for over a year and a half and am finally using it. Anybody else having fun with this game (and getting a workout at the same time)? I don't even care about the score and sometimes will just put the remote down and dance and if I can't get the moves I continue to move and dance until it gets to a point I can do. I am dancing at least 30 minutes every day (missed one day out of 8) and I definately work up a sweat - have lost 7 lbs and already some inches. I'm wearing jeans today that I couldn't wear a week ago!

What's your favorite song? I have a few . . . I think Surfin Bird is my favorite and today I did Hammer Time for the first time and liked it. I am a 45 year old grandma and I am having a great time "dancing" to MC Hammer and Who Let the Dogs Out This is "exercise" I can stick to!

----------------------------
Kris
Dancing away the pounds
One for every 5 lbs lost

Last edited by MamaP; 03-04-2010 at 11:15 AM.
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:32 AM   #2  
getting back on track!!

i love my just dance game. i play it with my 2 year old son all the time. he's hilarious to watch. any time he hears one of the songs from the game no matter where we are he starts doing the dance moves he learned on the game. surfing bird is his favorite too. i put it on my cell phone for him and he always gets laughs when he starts dancing in public.
brandy922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:28 PM   #3  
banned

I just got this game, and can't wait to try it. Will post back what I think of it.
3FCer344892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 264.2/264.2/150

Height: 5'5"

i love, love, LOVE this game! I bought it for my daughter for Christmas, and we play it together all the time. So much fun! We really like "who let the dogs out", "hot n cold", and "step by step"... Anyone who wants to workout with out "working out" i highly recommend this game
Jldsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:01 PM   #5  
banned

OMG! It's so much fun!
Old 03-08-2010, 05:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 253.8/Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I have this game too and we love it. My middle daughter and I do it together because we are the dancing fans in our house. Our favorites are womanizer and hot n cold. I like them all really. It is a good way to have fun and exercise without feeling like you are exercising.
bremro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:32 PM   #7  
Weight Watchers!

S/C/G: 221/ticker/175

Height: 5'

I had not heard of this until now, I have to try it. My fam loves the Wii!
eviemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 04:01 AM   #8  
banned

You so do, eviemc! It's a blast!
Old 03-12-2010, 11:23 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 210/209/174

Height: 5ft 10

It's a good laugh. I haven't got a single favourite, but the ones I like best are Pump up the Jam, Dare, I Like to Move it and Jin Go Lo Ba. Or when I'm in a 70s mood, Ring My Bell and That's the Way I like It. There are some I never play though - can't stand Eye of the Tiger so I'm not going to dance to it.

Last edited by lora m; 03-12-2010 at 11:24 AM.
lora m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:59 AM   #10  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

I do believe this "game" has changed my life because I finally found an exercise that I will do - nearly every day. I am trying to do a larger variety of the songs - just because I think it's important to be moving differently. I was doing the songs in order, but now sometimes I will hit the "suggestion" button and see what it cycles up. Sometimes I may do the same song two or three times in a row.

Jin Go Lo Ba is hard - makes me work up a sweat, but I like it. Today I "danced" for about 50 minutes and boy was I sweating. Today's songs included Jin Go Lo Ba, Bebe, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Who Let the Dogs Out, Surfin Bird, A Little Less Conversation, Eye of the Tiger, Lump, Ring my Bell, Cotton Eye Joe, I Get Around, U Can't Touch This.
----------------------
Kris
Dancing away the pounds
One for every 5 lbs lost

Goal 1: below 240
Goal 2: 218 (15% off)
Goal 3: Onderderland
Final Goal: 175 or below

Mini Goals of 5 lbs each . . .
Old 03-15-2010, 05:44 PM   #11  
Cute and Chubby

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

I had heard bad things about the game, from gamers, so I didn't pay much attention to it. Is it like Dance Dance Revelution? Meaning do you need a dance pad? The dance pads irritate me because I always slide off of the pad. Now I am very curious.
MikoMarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:22 PM   #12  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

No dance pad needed. And if I were a gamer I might not like it. Sometimes I don't even hold the remote while I'm playing because I don't care what my score is.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:22 AM   #13  
Cute and Chubby

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Ok, hubby got me the game last night. I was skeptical, but after doing fame just to see how it worked, I was winded! Lol! So simple, yet so much movement and it's WAY easier than DDR. Thanks for talking about it or I would have never gotten it! ^_^ This will be a great way to add fun cardio to my day!
MikoMarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 05:14 AM   #14  
Gonna be a marathoner!

S/C/G: 268/258.6/134

Height: 5'4"

I like Wannabe, A Little Less Conversation, Cotton Eyed Joe, Kids in America, Hot & Cold, Jin Go Lo Ba and Can't Get You Out of My Head.

It is really a fun game - simple, but so very entertaining. The controller doesn't always catch everything even though I'm doing it right, but I don't care - I Just Dance
Tibouchina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:45 AM   #15  
Mel Belle

S/C/G: 157/ticker/120

Height: 4'11"

I bought this game tonight, along with a few others. I thought it would be fun to have a couple Bud Selects and try my hand at some dance moves. I didn't even get the the beer! I kept doing song after song and def broke out in a full sweat. I even got my mom (who will be 60 and has double knee replacements) to do a couple of songs with me. I can't believe I didn't have this game sooner!

Mel
melaniea1119 is offline   Reply With Quote