3rd 4 week exercise challenge PLEASE JOIN

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • Hi! Welcome all old and newcomers! So far our challenges are HUGELY successful so please join in. It's simple all you do is figure out how many miles you want to walk, jog, bike, etc. and post your 4 wk. goal then on Sun. post your weekly totals and I will make a master list of everyone's goals and weekly totals. The challenge is from today 8/19/02- 9/15/02

Jacksonmom...goal 40 mi

Semo...goal 55 mi

Happy2bme...goal 35 mi

bobsgal...goal 50 mi

Stef...goal 216 mi

dreamsmall...goal 140 mi

jessamybowes...goal 40 mi

madtypist...goal 100 mi

kina...goal 20 mi.

tonyalyn...goal 40 mi

chatsey...goal 80 mi
  • I'm upping my goal to 55 miles and I will try not to wait until the last week to get them in.

I ordered and received Leslie Sanone's walking tapes and really thought they would be too easy for me...........well the two and three mile tapes are not for wimps. I recommend them if someone is looking for something new to try. I ordered the one with the belt and feel that I will get a good upper body workout while I'm getting the benefits of walking. The price was decent too, for four tapes and the belt it was around $35 from QVC on a today's special.
  • Count Me IN!
    Even though classes start again next week and I have my last week of vacation over Labor Day, I'm upping my challenge to 35 miles.

This was really, really, really, REALLY motivating and for any of you out there considering it, we'd highly recommend it to get yourself up and moving on a regular basis.

Jacksonmom - thanks for coordinating this again. Hope your foot is feeling better.

Semo - I bought the Walk Away the Pounds Tapes too after all I'd heard about them on this forum. I got the 3 pack - 1, 2 and 3 mile with the hand held water weights for $19.99 at Walmart then saw them for $2.00 less at Sam's Club. The 1 mile only takes 18 minutes- done before you know it! The others are quite challenging. More than I expected. It's a nice change of pace to add to your workout routine.

Getting my walking shoes laced up...
  • My goal for the 4 week challenge is 50 miles.
    Steph
  • Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Well I made it back on forum and will be adding my miles!

I think I need to revise my mileage cos I am now working fairly flat out teaching various exercise classes. SO:

Aqua classes: 2 x week @ 3 miles per class = 6 miles
    Baggy T-shirts classes: 8 x week @ 4 miles per class = 32 miles
    Body conditioning classes: 2 x week @ 3 miles per class = 6 miles
    GP referral classes: 1 x week @ 4 miles per class = 4 miles
    TOTAL FOR CLASSES = 48 miles

Walking round town: reduced to 2 x week @ 3 miles per hour = 6 miles

Combined total = 54 miles.

I'm wearing my pedometer so I'll check my figures and adjust my target at the end of the week!

Stef (still no weight loss, but my NEW working gear is falling off my hips already!)
  • Happy2bme- glad you joined the new challenge. My toe is good. I'm back to working out again. THanks for asking.

Stef- I put you down for 54 didn't know if you wanted that to be a monthly total or 54 was your weekly total and you are really planning to do 216. Just let me know if i posted the wrong amount. Glad the clothes are falling off. Sometimes the scale just doesn't move but the inches do! TTYL
  • Hello!
    My walking goal for this challenge is 140 miles.

Hmmm, let's see this started 8/19 so my miles total 10. I do 5 miles every morning at 4.5 MPH, makes me tired just typing that!
    19th - 5 miles
    20th- 5 miles

Geez, only 130 to go...LOL!

Debbie
    295/187/160
  • Hello,
    I am new but need the challenge. I am setting my goal for 40 miles.
    Right now I don't think I am getting enough cardio in my workouts, so this will help out a bunch. I start college in two days so I need this challenge to keep me going even though I am going to be so busy with classes and Kelci (my 3.5 month old daughter). Good luck to everyone!
    happy2bme- You said your vacation is just about over, what kind of classes are starting up? Just wondering.

Jessamy
    166/136/110
  • OMG! Jacksonmom! I hadn't added it up to a monthly target! Yep 54 is weekly, so 216 monthly.

If the scales don't start agreeing with my clothes soon I am going to scream!

I have wallied around with this weight loss thing for so long now. I have given myself hundreds of excuses and decided to "start tomorrow" for years. NOW! Now I AM doing something. I have decided to fill out my class schedule to full time, whilst waiting for that perfect job of course!

Less than 2 weeks after letting gyms know I am available I have a full(ish) schedule. I am hoping that my size 16+ classes take off cos I am going to add in a couple more in 2 weeks!

So very soon we shall all be able to see just how effective all exercise and very little diet control is in weight loss management! My honest guess? Not very! As I work more I will eat more. If I don't take care what I eat I won't lose any weight BUT I will probably continue to get and look smaller, fitter and healthier.

Now that is all well and good, but I would still love the scales to agree with me!

Stef
  • Hi to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please count me in Jacksonmom for a goal of 100 miles this month... thankyou.

Hope everyone is doing well and ready for another great round.

I am off and riding my 6 miles for the day, great weather today so it will be a nice evening ride.

Have a good week ladies.

Suzanne.
  • Jacksonmom please put me down for 20 miles this month. I don't know if I can do it but there is no sense in dropping the exercise all together. Actually I have this portable twister I bought from Avon and I plan to take it to my day job and hop on that every chance I get. But put me in for 20. I think I have my schedule in control now that I can squeeze some exercise a few minutes at a time. Better than nothing. I hadn't realized you all had moved. but I found you all so that is good. So here goes another challenge.

bye. Kina
  • Hello Ladies!

I have been lurking on your threads for a little while, and find you all a great inspiration. I cannot believe how much you all exercise. That is great!! I would like to join your challenge.

Little info about me...I am 31 years old, married with two children. I work full time in an IT dept at a University, and have 15 pounds left before I hit my weight goal. I just started exercising routinely again, and always need a challenge. I am going to start low though, so I don't sabotage my goal:

So, my goal for the 4 week challenge is 40 miles. I may up it as time goes on. So, here is my week so far:

Monday: 1 mile walking
    Tuesday: 3.5 miles walking
    Wednesday: 3 miles walking
    Thursday:
    Friday:
    Sat:
    Sun:

Thanks for letting me join!!
  • Hello All, well so far I'm off to a good start on this week's mileage. I am having all sorts of problems with eating tho!!! Maybe we need a second challenge of who can wear DUCK TAPE across the lips the longest. Naw, that probably wouldn't even do it for me. I need to gain some control so I'm open to any helpful suggestions though. What's strange is that for almost two years I did great and was within a couple of pounds to the goal I had set for myself and now 6 months later and I've gain back 20 pounds. HELP!!!!!

Oh BTW, welcome to all the Newbies, great to have you join us.
  • 21st- walked 5 miles
    22nd- only walked 3.5... I feel like crap.
    total so far 18.5

I am hoping to get a walk in this evening after I take a much needed nap, my little guy had me up much of the night. We'll see though...

Debbie
  • Anyone know where to get a good pedometer but not really expensive??

Thanks!!