Foot Pain after Walking/Running on Treadmill

• I hope I'm posting in the right area, but I'm having some issues that I'm curious if anyone else has encountered. If so, could you please advise what you did to help or correct the problem??? And yes, I know none of us are physicians, but I'd like to see what others did to resolve the issues

A couple months ago, I was walking and jogging (mostly walking) on the treadmill pretty consistently (probably 3-5x/week). Then, I started getting this horrible pain in my arch and then in my heel of my right foot. At that time, I stopped the treadmill and began riding my recumbent bike. I was wearing a pair of New Balance tennis shoes that were over a year old, so I bought some inserts with arch support and heel cushioning. DIDN'T WORK! Went through probably 3-4 different kinds, including the $50 Dr. Scholl's (which SUCKED and I returned 2 days later). The pain became so bad that I was literally walking on the outer edge of my foot (only the right). Finally, I decided if I wanted to get back to walking/jogging, I'd need a new pair of shoes....also, if I wanted to walk normal throughout the day also. So I bought a pair of Salomon's AND I LOVE THEM!!! I've had them probably 2-3months and have never had a problem...until I started doing the treadmill again last week. Today was my 4th day on the C25K program and my arch began to hurt before finishing the workout (of course I finished in pain). I noticed a little bit of pain was starting on the 3rd day, but today it worsened.

So, what now? I thought originally it was plantar fasciitis, but I don't know now. It's not worse in the mornings, it's just this constant pain when putting weight on my foot (standing,walking, etc.). I was thinking of possibly trying those arch supports that are like an elastic band around you're entire foot??? I really thought the new shoes w/good arch support were going to help....they only helped until I started exercising again

Any advice/suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!!