how long after eating to exercise?

• This morning I got up at 5:40 and made my hubby and myself breakfast and then about 30 minutes later I did my workout. I had a harder time today then I normally do. Could it be that I didn't give the food time to fuel my body after all night or does it take time to get use to working out in the morning? Should I be waiting longer after eating to workout or doesn't it matter? I LOVE having my workout done already this morning but I'm wiped now!!
  • I don't eat at all before an AM workout. I found that it was harder on me. Now that I exercise in the evenings, I eat at least an hour before hand. Personally, I can't have to much in my tummy.
  • For me if I exercise early in the morning I'll eat afterwards. Unless doing weights then I'll have a banana or something small. In the afternoon I'll usually wait an hour after eating to exercise or longer. I don't think it really matters but every body is different, mine doesn't like to exercise right after eating
  • When I do early workouts I just have coffee... Later in the day, depending what I eat I'll wait a bit. As someone mentionned everyone is different so do what's best for you...
  • I have to eat 20-40 min before I workout. But I'm weird like that, it seems most people don't like to eat before they workout.
  • I either dont eat or if I am planning a hardcore workout I eat something light - shmear of PB on a 1/2 banana or pb toast.
  • I just cant work out in the am at all.... I find myself SO lethargic and lacking any energy whatsoever. Food in my tummy or no food in my tummy.