Sore legs!

• I've been so jubilant over being able to walk without bandages, that I've overdone it. Yesterday I did 1 hour of intervals on the treadmill, keeping my heartrate between 130 and 160bpm. I also had a session with a personal trainer on Dec 31st, where she made me do a lot of squats.

Now my legs are killing me! Right down the back of the thigh, across the back of the knee, and quads are especially sore. My feet are getting blisters that won't heal, and the feet are tender. I've been limping, hoping they will recover before another personal training session tomorrow!

What to do? I did 1hr on the treadmill today slowly, but my legs were giving way suddenly. Luckily I didn't fall.

Should I rest up, cancel my session tomorrow?
    Agh!
  • I say work out with sore muscles AS LONG AS you can still function normally (reach for a can from the cupboard, walk down the stairs) without feeling like you're going to snap in half, lol. If you do feel THAT sore, rest, you've overtrained. Otherwise, go for it, just make sure you get a good warm up (e.g. stretching). Good luck!
  • I'd say to take a break from weights and cardio and do something like yoga stretches or pilates. If your legs are buckling after of a slow walk, you've definitely over done it and you may injure yourself...

ou don't say why you had bandages?
  • I had bandages when I walked more than 10 mins because my knees were sore. I didn't get them checked out, as both Mum and my best friend reckoned it was weight related (they have sore knees too) and would disappear over time. My guess is it was related to the weakness in the leg muscles, meaning more pressure on the knee joint = pain.

My legs are recovering after taking it easy yesterday. We shall see how a faster pace (maybe more intervals) goes later on this morning....
  • Keep your bandage on when you are on the treadmill with time your quads will strengthen. When you have your bandage off you should definitely do some quad strengthening exercises here are a few...