3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Loving Pilates!!! Anyone Else? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/189375-loving-pilates-anyone-else.html)

Natoshial 01-02-2010 03:50 AM

Loving Pilates!!! Anyone Else?

I Love Pilates!!! I have finally found something that I really enjoy doing and can see myself sticking to. At my weight I am not into the advanced stages. But I am working up a good sweat, getting sore, and most importantly enjoying it. My Hubby bought me the Pilates mat and weights I wanted for Christmas. I have been putting them to good use too!!! I am using several different workouts that are on the Netflix Watch it Now option. I just feel re-energized during and after I get done with a workout. I really feel like I'm getting a good workout and not wasting my time. I think that is the key for me to know that I'm doing something productive. Verses just jumping all over the place :smug: Just wondering who else here Loves Pilates and has had any success with it?

CapriPants 01-02-2010 03:55 AM

I always thought pilates would be hard so i never tried... good luck to you!!!

tonimaroni2 01-02-2010 03:56 AM

I'm in the same boat! I just bought myself a gym membership and the first thing I did was a group pilates class. It was low intensity but by the end I had a good sweat going and now... 4 days later I still feel the sore muscles. Love love loved it! It's the only thing I've found that I like too and I can't wait till the next class. Ive been looking online for a good pilates workout.... any ideas?

Gracie789 01-02-2010 04:07 AM

Me too!!! I love love love pilates. After being seriously overweight for the past 10 years my knees are really weak and I can't do a lot of the high intensity stuff. Pilates is easier on my joints but the results are amazing. I've been regularly doing Pilates for the past month and I already see/feel the difference. My flexibility has greatly improved and I'm a lot stronger that before I started. :)

jayjay77 01-02-2010 10:06 AM

I love pilates too! Right now I'm just doing DVDs not classes. I use 10 Minute Solutions Rapid Results Pilates and Denise Austin's Hit the Spot Pilates and Mat Workout Based on the Work of JH Pilates.

I find that even just 10 minutes a day really makes a difference. I would like to do classes someday too.

saef 01-02-2010 12:26 PM

I have a love/hate relationship with Pilates, let's put it that way. I have been doing it for a couple months now & am encouraged to see that I am progressing. And I can actually see a difference in my abdomen. Still have "navel overhang" from loose skin, but there's something coming into focus under there.

I take classes at my gym. I was using the machines and weights at the gym consistently but never took advantage of any of the classes, mostly out of shyness & lack of self-confidence. I took Pilates to learn, figuring I'd be coached on the correct form & could do these exercises on my own. I've worked hard at it. I'm only frustrated that some of the classes are timed poorly for me because I work full-time.

Natoshial 01-02-2010 02:09 PM

Hi Chicks!!! Its Great to know there are others out there that are loving Pilates too. CapriPants, I was intimidated about Pilates in the beginning. But I take it my own pace and only do 10 to 15 minutes right now and it is managable. You should try it. You might enjoy it and find it easier than you think.

TonyMaroni2, I plan on getting some DVDs cause Netflix only has a few Pilates workouts on their play it now feature. I do enjoy the 10 Minute Solutions Rapid Results Pilates also. You can chose to do as much as you want. I just love feeling the burn and knowing I am accomplishing something. Hope you all continue to Love Pilates and progress with greater health, strength, and weight loss.

tonimaroni2 01-04-2010 08:50 PM

Check out this website that I just found. It has tons of pilates workouts, some for free, other you can access with a membership and there is a create your own workout option too! I think I'm going to join. http://www.ultimatepilatesworkouts.com

artic123 02-22-2010 01:07 PM

I love pilates and am a big fan of Ana Caban. I also do Mari Winsor. Enjoy!

Mrs Daigle 02-24-2010 07:08 PM

I took some pilates classes a few years ago to help with my back. The first class lasted two hours. I was dripping with sweat by the time we got done. You know what though? It was the best workout that I've ever had. I went for three months taking four classes a week (which was all I could afford.) I began feeling muscles that I didn't know I had. I felt wonderful.

CTripp924 02-25-2010 11:58 AM

I've been doing it too, on Netflix. Which ones are you doing? I've been doing Ellen Barret's stuff, I love them. Feels so good.