advice?

• Hi!
    So im pretty new to this. i was wondering wat are the best workouts and exercise equipment to use for the best results. ive been walkin on the treadmill but wanted some other options to. thanks!
  • Hi Lauren and welcome from one newbie to another! I tried different workout dvd's and different pieces of equipment at the gym for years only to get bored with it. I have never been a runner, but I heard such good things about the C25k program so decided to give it a try. And I love it. I have only been doing it for a few weeks, but I actually look forward to my runs and the best part is...it's FREE! Also, I have no excuses, I can run anywhere! Welcome and good luck!
  • Are you looking for equipment you can use at home or asking about what equipment you should use in your gym?

I just started going to a gym and I'm doing some strength training with 5 and 7.5 pound hand weights and using three pieces of equipment: treadmill, recumbent bike and cross trainer. I have real problems with my knees so I do a number of leg lifts and other stretch and balance type exercises.

I also signed up for a 10 week course in ice skating. My quads must have had a huge workout as they ached the first few lessons LOL. But I enjoyed having something different to think about while doing something physical.
  • To be honest, all I need is my gym and my iTouch. I download (well, my techie hubby does it) favorite shows and I watch them, commercial free while I do my one hour of cardio. Then, it really doesn't matter what I'm doing, since I'm watching a show and I don't really notice my heard effort. I hope I answered your question, but I'm not sure if you're looking to buy equipment. I would go with dvd's, if that's the case. You can that way mix it up more. I like my exercise ball and my free weights for at home stuff.
  • thanks for the feedback. cabinwife..wat is the c25k program. also i have heard about the dvd 30 day shred?? any feedback on that