Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-17-2009, 11:20 PM   #1  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Default Jorge Santos, 8 minutes a day? Anyone do this with good results?

I recently read the book, 8 minutes a day. I'm doing the South Beach Diet so I'm not interested in the diet portion of the book, but the exercise portion of 8 minutes a day seems interesting... Has anyone tried this and has it worked for anyone? I can't imagine only doing ab exercises one day a week, and butt exercises, and so on, another day of the week (making it one day a week for different muscle groups) really being effective?
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:39 PM   #2  
it's always something

Do you mean Jorge Cruise? I think some of our members tried that out several years ago, but I don't recall any success stories. Hopefully someone will come along with a good experience to share
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:56 PM   #3  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Oops! Yes, Jorge Cruise! I hope someone has any information, good or bad, regarding it.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:15 PM   #4  
Queen of Rationalization

S/C/G: 260/257/135

Height: 5'3

I tried his 8 minutes a day exercise plan for a little over a month.

Unfortunately for me it wasn't really enough. I didn't gain weight but I didn't lose any either. I followed all of the instructions but I just didn't feel like I was working as hard during the work out as I should have been. I gave up after a month, I felt that going to the gym and working with hand weights was a lot more intensive.

I may have been too overweight to get much out of it, because a big part of the program was muscle control and perfect form. I guess I wouldn't outright say don't try it, but I'd get it from the library, not the bookstore.
c_laura is offline   Reply With Quote