3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Thighs be gone (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/184390-thighs-gone.html)

bunny43 10-17-2009 08:51 AM

Thighs be gone

I'm posting this question under Weight Loss Support and the Exercise forum in hopes of getting some responses.

I've been gaining weight. Too many calories in, not enough calories out.

I don't need an answer why I am gaining, that I do know.

I've increased my speed on the treadmill to 4.0. While at this speed I interchange jogging and walking.

The plus is: My thighs are shrinking, my thighs are shrinking! :)

That's a good thing.

How can my weight increase on the scale, but my thighs shrink?

HELP!

L144S 10-17-2009 12:16 PM

what is your question?

Ilene 10-18-2009 10:42 PM

Have you actually measured your thighs?

JigglyBits 10-18-2009 10:51 PM

You are probably gaining muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat :)

L144S 10-19-2009 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JigglyBits (Post 2976500)
muscle weighs more than fat :)

sorry this is a bugaboo for me!

a pound is a pound, it is the beauty of measurement, BUT muscle takes up less room than fat, like a pound of feathers and a pound of bricks, both weigh a pound, one has more volume.

mayness 10-19-2009 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L144S (Post 2976746)
muscle takes up less room than fat

But a square inch of muscle takes up the same amount of space as a square inch of fat!

(I'm just playing devil's advocate here... since nearly everyone who critiques the "muscle weighs more" people on this board then post something equally erroneous... but I'm pretty sure we all know what both "types" of people are talking about.)

peccavi 10-20-2009 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayness (Post 2977265)
But a square inch of muscle takes up the same amount of space as a square inch of fat!

(I'm just playing devil's advocate here... since nearly everyone who critiques the "muscle weighs more" people on this board then post something equally erroneous... but I'm pretty sure we all know what both "types" of people are talking about.)

Don't you mean a cubic inch? xD
Kidding, kidding.
Yeah, I always am amused at the little semantics arguments on 3FC and on Sparkpeople.

Thighs Be Gone 10-20-2009 09:05 AM

lol..thought this thread was about me!

Congrats on thigh shrinkage! My guess is that you are building muscle. It could also be that you are retaining some water from muscle repairation.

I can honestly say though that my thighs were the last place to lose circumference and I have been a runner for year now. You may be different though.

Thighs Be Gone 10-20-2009 09:12 AM

I cannot believe anyone would bother to argue the muscle/fat thing. I think we all know what the addage means without the discussion.

mayness 10-20-2009 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peccavi (Post 2978636)
Don't you mean a cubic inch? xD
Kidding, kidding.

LMAO... I can't believe I screwed that up... :lol: