October Exercise Accountability

You're on Page 1 of 9
Go to
  • Great job everyone!! We did it!! September is gone and its time to Bring it!! for October.

---

Post your exercise accomplishments here!!!

• woohooo i am back babies! i have missed you guys!!!

and i'm back to kick it!!

today so far (i say so far, cause i've had 2 full days of just rest and planning on having 3 workouts today. i need to step up the game for the 3rd week weigh in on sunday!! plus meeting friends on friday for a pizza party, so need to burn those extra calories to compensate! yikesamondo!

--

workout 1:
    1. p90X : legs and back. - 1 hour - DONE!!
    2. Ab Ripper X - 16 minutes - DONE!!

>> total calories burned - 200 calories.

going to have some breakfast now and watch the biggest loser episode 1 of season 8. i cannot wait. as i've been dying to watch it !! but said i would only watch it after my exam.
    yippeeeee

okay sorry for being so perky !! haha

GREAT JOB everyone you guys ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---

I actually was about to post the above message in the sept thread, till i realised it is the 1st of october today!!!
  • Morning chicas and brrrr...it is freakin' cold out there!!

Yesterday - Weight Training - completed
    Today - Ab Ripper X and Treadmill

Echo, glad to have you back with us. And, from my experience, ARX works to strengthen core if you do it consistently. I've been doing it 3x/week. Now, I can b!tch and whine with you about it . Just to see, other day I was able to hold the plank position for over 1 minute. I finally gave in cuz I got bored staying in that position . So, keep doing it girl!!

MillieK, post away everyday...this is an accountability thread for all of us to workout aka move your body every day. Keep up the good work!!

October is here people!! Pretty soon it will be holidays and food galore. So, keep moving and working hard! Have a good day
  • Quote: Morning chicas and brrrr...it is freakin' cold out there!!

Yesterday - Weight Training - completed
    Today - Ab Ripper X and Treadmill

Echo, glad to have you back with us. And, from my experience, ARX works to strengthen core if you do it consistently. I've been doing it 3x/week. Now, I can b!tch and whine with you about it . Just to see, other day I was able to hold the plank position for over 1 minute. I finally gave in cuz I got bored staying in that position . So, keep doing it girl!!

MillieK, post away everyday...this is an accountability thread for all of us to workout aka move your body every day. Keep up the good work!!

October is here people!! Pretty soon it will be holidays and food galore. So, keep moving and working hard! Have a good day
    LMAO!! awesome, i need someone to b*tch about it too!!! especially the mason twists, its like the wind has been knocked out of me!! today was the FIRST Ever time, i stayed with Tony throughout the whole darn thing, even the bonus round!! omg!!!! felt good though afterwards. usually in the past, i had to take a mini break after each 10. but today i was like, no im gonna do it alongside them!

the other exercises, im not so good with just do as many as i can

i hate reverse bicycles!!!

i have to like pause between each of them. he does it one after the other!

i still cant get my damn legs straight up!! hehe but i have noticed my tummy has slimmed down abit yipee. so it DOES WORK!

holding the plank position for over 1 minute. is freakin AWESOME!!! wow well done!

thanks pintobean!! will do

and its good to be back too

well done on your workouts!
  • Quote: [COLOR=indigo]

exactly - well said pintobean!! heck I post several times a day sometimes!

each time you exercise. just come right here, and shout about it !! it feels good. its good for you. and its good for us too! its motivational for all

sometimes the motivation to do the exercise, is so i can post about it lol.

ps pinto bean. cant believe you got bored! i'm dying when i reach 1 minute on the plank!! and my arms get shaky hahahah
  • Oh man! Mason Twist - I have good and bad days with it. Sometimes I can do all 50 with him. And, other times I have to break at 30 as I fall over and then continue with the rest 20. Awesome job on doing all 50!! Reverse bicycle is the debbil . I can see my legs moving yet it feels they are not...if you know what I mean. Oh, I also can do the first two exercises - in and outs + the front bicycle - with my hands in the air. I thought I'd never be able to do that. I just started it though...past 2 times. So, yeah it works . Oh, I still pause between some of the workouts. I don't like scissor either.

Plank, you'll be able to do it. When I said bored it was more like ok, can I relax now? I was beginning to shake a little but it felt like as if I'd been forever in that position. I could have gone 10 secs more (maybe) if I tried, I don't know. My last time was 1:21.
  • Plans today = 90 minutes cardio/weight intervals
  • Have a great month LADIES!

Starting with 4 this morning. An absolute gorgeous one...clear sky...high 60's with sunshine....a nice cool breeze!

Upping my goal since it looks like I will miss some work this month.

4/75 MILES
  • Quote: Have a great month LADIES!

Starting with 4 this morning. An absolute gorgeous one...clear sky...high 60's with sunshine....a nice cool breeze!

Upping my goal since it looks like I will miss some work this month.

4/75 MILES
    good luck on your goal this month. thats totally awesome that you have a running tally!! cool beans!

Quote: Oh man! Mason Twist - I have good and bad days with it. Sometimes I can do all 50 with him. And, other times I have to break at 30 as I fall over and then continue with the rest 20. Awesome job on doing all 50!! Reverse bicycle is the debbil . I can see my legs moving yet it feels they are not...if you know what I mean. Oh, I also can do the first two exercises - in and outs + the front bicycle - with my hands in the air. I thought I'd never be able to do that. I just started it though...past 2 times. So, yeah it works . Oh, I still pause between some of the workouts. I don't like scissor either.

Plank, you'll be able to do it. When I said bored it was more like ok, can I relax now? I was beginning to shake a little but it felt like as if I'd been forever in that position. I could have gone 10 secs more (maybe) if I tried, I don't know. My last time was 1:21.
    lol i know those mason twists are a toughie!!

lol i think reverse bicycles are harder than the normal one. i took a break, and i still find them tough!! i know, its like you're in slow motion, or your legs are in treacle!!!

oh i hate scissors !!!!

i know plank is the best core exercise and for the abs! so awesome!!

1.21 way to go!! thats totally awesome!!

===

Michelle. love how you have 3 workouts, you so rock! i'm gonna do the same too.

how much time difference do you have between workouts ?
  • workout 2 of today:

1. C25K week 1 day 3. plus extra brisk walking.
    total time = 46 minutes and 50 seconds.
    miles = 2.06 miles.
    calories burned = 227 calories.
  • workout 3:

calories burned = 400 calories.
    time = 34 minutes and 30 seconds
    8.8 miles.
    level - 11
    speed = 15-16 mph
  • WTG on the workouts everyone! We are brining in October with a Bang!

I did 30 minutes on that mid evil torture device some people call an Elliptical.
  • Oh, how I love fall, but it's a difficult relationship. On the one hand, it's beautifully bright & brisk & cool & makes me feel like moving. On the other hand, it's getting darker & darker earlier & earlier, which makes it harder to hit the gym after work -- it feels so late. But I want to keep up the good work. Put it this way: I want to do what everyone else will only start resolving to do in three months' time. I am determined to make it through the consecutive health landmines presented by Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years by eating healthily & moving my body daily. Also, there's this sleeveless dress I want to wear to my friend's wedding in L.A. in late November, and I want my arms to look pretty good that night.

So ... onward ...

Oct. 1: One hour bike, weights
    Oct. 2: One hour elliptical, abs work
    Oct. 3: Ran 4.5 miles on the treadmill, weights
    Oct. 4: Swimming class for two hours. Oct. 5: One hour bike, weights
    Oct. 6: One hour elliptical, abs work
    Oct. 7: 25 minutes recumbent bike, 35 minutes bike, weights.
    Oct. 8: One hour bike, abs work
    Oct. 9: One hour elliptical, weights
    Oct. 10: One hour elliptical, abs work, walked 5 miles thrifting on Upper East Side
    Oct. 11: Swimming class, one hour, weights beforehand
    Oct. 12: Ran just over 5 miles on treadmill, abs work
    Oct. 13: One hour bike, weights.
    Oct. 14: One hour bike, abs work.
    Oct. 15: One hour bike, weights
    Oct. 16: One hour elliptical, abs work
    Oct. 17: One hour elliptical, weights
    Oct. 18: One hour swim class
    Oct. 19: One hour elliptical, weights
    Oct. 20: Ran just a little less than 5 miles on treadmill, abs work
    Oct. 21: One hour bike, weights.
    Oct. 22: One hour bike, abs work
    Oct. 23: One hour elliptical, weights
    Oct. 24: One hour elliptical, abs work.
    Oct. 25: Weights, one hour swim class
    Oct. 26: One hour bike, abs work
    Oct. 27: One hour elliptical, weights
    Oct. 28: One hour bike, abs work.
    Oct. 29: One hour elliptical, weights.
    Oct. 30: One hour elliptical, abs work, made up chest flys from yesterday.
    Oct. 31: Ran just over 4 miles on treadmill, weights, tried an hour-long Pilates class -- very difficult!
  • Great job everyone!!

Echo - my schedule is usually like this -

1st workout at 1:30pm
    2nd workout at 5pm
    3rd workout at 7:30pm

Total today = 90 minutes cardio/weight intervals
  • First workout of October: 1 16 minute mile on the elliptical, 15 minutes on the treadmill, and I took the stairs four flights back to my apartment after I was done instead of the elevator!