3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   What is a postive thing you like about working out other than losing weight? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/183048-what-postive-thing-you-like-about-working-out-other-than-losing-weight.html)

momto3kittiess 09-30-2009 03:28 PM

What is a postive thing you like about working out other than losing weight?

For me, I love going to the gym and working out because it helps me take out my daily frustration. Nothing like running on the treadmill when you are stressed out!!

I also enjoy working out because it boosts my self confidence. I feel good and beautiful when I leave the gym because I know I did something good for my body :)

How about you?

nelie 09-30-2009 03:34 PM

1) More energy
2) Ability to see improvement in various areas. I feel stronger, I have more endurance, etc.
3) Giving myself some 'me' time.
4) (If I'm outside) Feeling connected somewhat with nature. I like feeling the sun on my face, seeing the trees, observing the world around me, etc.

Jokan 09-30-2009 04:30 PM

I am a huge cheap-o and I never buy anything for myself, not even clothes(at 30 I am still wearing hand me downs). Working out is free and as my motto goes, "FREE IS FOR ME"!!!! Oh, and it makes me feel great after I'm done

loquaciousjogger 09-30-2009 04:31 PM

two words: RUNNER'S HIGH! :D

Dagny18 09-30-2009 05:22 PM

1. If I was tired, it wakes me up
2. Helps me fall asleep and sleep better at night

Fressca 09-30-2009 05:28 PM

Getting my cardio in makes it easier to eat right. I don't know why, but I like it. :D

Aclai4067 09-30-2009 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagny18 (Post 2950415)
2. Helps me fall asleep and sleep better at night

It has the opposit affect on me. I takes me forever to fall alseep on nights that I've worked out.

But I do like that it wakes me up in the earlier part of the day. And I love that beautiful soreness the next morning (as long as it isn't the can't move level of sore). Also the stress relief, especially with anger.

Ilene 09-30-2009 06:17 PM

It makes me feel athletic, strong and healthy...

momto3kittiess 09-30-2009 07:03 PM

These are all great :)

jamsk8r 09-30-2009 07:56 PM

It's fun, challenging, makes me stronger.

patchworkpenguin 09-30-2009 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilene (Post 2950508)
It makes me feel athletic, strong and healthy...

Ditto.

I like the feeling of accomplishment when I finish a workout. I feel like I have achieved something

Palestrina 10-01-2009 09:48 AM

It makes me feel alive and part of the circle of life! I think back to when I wasn't exercising, I was the girl on the couch watching re-runs on tv with a bag of chips.... I wasn't awake, I wasn't alive, I wasn't part of the world. I was living inside my fat.

Now I feel connected with nature and with all those other people out there exercising (I had no idea there were so many).

I feel like an athlete, it's way cool.

iDream 10-01-2009 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin (Post 2950647)
Ditto.

I like the feeling of accomplishment when I finish a workout. I feel like I have achieved something

Me too! As a sahm to 4 kiddos, it's tough to finish something and have it stay that way (like cleaning the house ;)), so when I'm finished working out it makes me feel great to know I accomplished what I set out to do and it cannot be undone! :)

Other things:

Me time!
Wakes me up in the morning
Stress relief
Makes me feel alive!!! :carrot:

Great thread!!

BlueToBlue 10-02-2009 03:14 AM

1. The effect exercising has had on my complexion! My skin is much much clearer since I started exercising. Who knew?

2. The increased immunity to viruses and other contagious illnesses. I haven't been sick, not even a tiny cold, in over a year and a half (knock on wood)! Once in a while I'll have a day where I feel like I might be on the verge of coming down with something, but I'll go into the gym and do my workout and the next day I feel fine. Exercise boosts your immune system! Another complete surprise!

3. The ability to engage in moderately strenuous activities (e.g., walking up a hill) without breaking a sweat or getting out of breath. Not being the only one in the group gasping for breath when we go hiking with friends.

4. Feeling like I'm part of an elite "athletes" club. I definitely feel like I'm special because I work out every day. I especially like Saturday mornings when I get up early to swim and everyone I see on the way to the pool is also out exercising. I feel like we are all part of a club--the rest of the world is sleeping while we are out taking care of ourselves.

5. Going to the doctor and having her not be able to say enough things about how healthy I am and how great I'm doing. At my last check-up, she was so impressed with how well I'm taking care of myself that she was kind of flummoxed as to what tests to suggest for me. And I'm 40!

MBN 10-02-2009 05:39 AM

Working out has made me stronger and fitter than I've ever been (and I'm 50!). I can hike forever and do things that I never thought I could ever do, even when I was younger. Heck, on our summer hiking trip, I hiked some of the other MEN into the ground! And, just as Barbara said, I very rarely get sick anymore. I'm as healthy as a horse and don't need meds of any kind, which seems to be rare at my age.

The process of working out makes me feel strong, confident, optimistic, and somehow a little more "in control" of my life. Even after a kick-butt exhausting workout, I feel much better - happier - than before I started. I guess that's the endorphins at work, and I'm hooked, but it's an addiction I can live with!