Outdoor workout clothing... recommendations??

• I live in New England and it gets pretty cold here, but I'd like to find proper workout clothes until it snows. This will be my first time running outside in the cooler temps.

So does anyone have suggestions for tops/jackets/pants etc? I'd rather not have anything bulky that gets too hot and I'd need to wrap around my waist. I know I can google it, or go to a sporting goods store for help, but I wanted to check here 1st, see if there's something that you really like & recommend.

Thanks!
  • My first recommendation is layers - I know you don't want to remove outer layers, but as you run and warm up you'll find you're glad you have a layer you can peel off!

I also have a running shirt that I LOVE - it's running material on the outside and almost a light fleece like material inside - soft and sooo warm for running on frosty mornings. I personally don't run in a coat.

Good luck!
  • In the winter I layer a lot, and I run in -20c/-4f, All my clothes are wick away material.... I have a running windbreaker that I got at a running room store... I also wear running socks. My fist layer is a long sleeve wick away shirt, then another long sleeve WA shirt , then a neck warmer again WA also... I am the wick away queen .... NEVER ever wear cotton....
  • Quote: My first recommendation is layers - I know you don't want to remove outer layers, but as you run and warm up you'll find you're glad you have a layer you can peel off!

I also have a running shirt that I LOVE - it's running material on the outside and almost a light fleece like material inside - soft and sooo warm for running on frosty mornings. I personally don't run in a coat.

Good luck!
    getfitchicks... what's the brand name of your running shirt? it sounds great.

thanks for your advise. I will use it!!
  • kellygram - it's a Champion shirt - I LOVE it! By far my favourite running shirt.

I also agree with Ilene - never cotton. It'll get heavy when you sweat, the sweat will be next to your skin and it will get COLD. It's just not comfortable.