My first 11K Trail Run!

• I did an 11km trail run yesterday. This is my longest run to date - before I had done 5, 6 and 6.5km trial runs so I was nervous going into this run. It was a REALLY tough run with some HUGE hills that took some serious mental focus to get up, but in the end it felt GREAT. I'm sad that the trial running season is ending. Can't wait for next year!

Full race report on my blog www.getfitchicks.com if anyone is interested.
  • Awesome!!
  • Well done! Congratulations!

J
  • That is wonderful. Congrats on all your hard work and for overcoming those obstacles. Well done. Even better, you can improve from here. I am happy to celebrate with you.

I was hiking today and thinking how great it will be when the excess poundage is not such a struggle. I am impressed by you!
  • Trail runs are very difficult. Congrats!!
  • Very impressed!! Awesome and congratulations!
  • Thank you all. I'm still riding the "high" of having done the run.

Results are in and I ended up coming 105th out of 226 overall, 33rd out of 105 women and 15th out of 51 in my age category. I'm pretty happy with those results! A year ago I would NOT have been able to do that.
  • Congrats!
  • Wooo Hooo!
  • 11k! I'm impressed! I'm still trying to work up to a 5k so 11 sounds really HUGE to me. Congratulations on completing the event and for placing so well!
  • Thanks!

Windchime you will get there! I remember when my "long" run training day was a 5K run and now I'm up to a slow 22K...it doesn't take long to build it up - you'll do it!!