Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 02:42 PM   #1  

Smile Lots Of Excercise

I AM ASKING ADVICE
I HAVE BEEN EXCERCISING FOR 4 WEEKS NOW WITH A TRAINER,,, I HAVE GAINED WEIGHT, AND INCHES.
I GO 5 DAYS A WEEK,,,, HELP,, WHAT AM I DOING WRONG,, EVEN IF MY DIET HAS NOT CHANGED MUCH, I SHOULD A LEAST BE A LITTLE BETTER
Old 07-31-2002, 08:35 PM   #2  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

When I started working out I noticed my stomach getting bigger. I thought about it for a while and determined I was building muscle under the fat and the fat was pushing out.
Old 08-01-2002, 03:59 PM   #3  

Default Exericise

Hi goddess

My first place group went to Curves on night for a workout. They told us to workout 3days a week. Your muscles need a break, otherwise you will build bulk. That's probably what's happening.

198/161/140
Old 08-05-2002, 01:49 PM   #4  

My trainer believes that losing weight is 80% nutrition. Believe that or not, nutrition IS important. You might want to look at making even some simple changes ... for instance, cutting out some sugar here and there, if you happen to eat a good bit of it! (sodas and goodies especially, but even if you don't eat those maybe cut down a little on fruits and starchy things). One little change can make a lot of difference. I had to cut out caffeine once, and at the time I got most of my caffeine drinking colas ... I started drinking flavored Perrier at work, and when I did drink a soda I drank something like Sprite, which in essense cut way, way down on the sugary sodas I was drinking, and I lost about 20 pounds in about 4 months.

Good luck! Don't give up on the exercise! Building those muscles will boost your metabolism and eventually start burning off those pounds!

Pen
Closed Thread