Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-02-2009, 03:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 184/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Default I'm so sore!!!!!!

I've been doing yoga and pilates for a month+ now and love what it's doing for my body....my muscles have finally started feeling strong enough to tackle other exercise *stuff* .

So yesterday I decide to attend the Body Pump class at my local Y. I'd not been to the class in 6 years but my memory of it is that I really enjoyed it.

Oooh boy did I enjoy it yesterday....so much in fact that I can barely walk today! I'm so sore!!!!! Sore in a good way but I know my body needs time to heal. My question is....would it be ok to do some cardio tonight even though my muscles are groaning or would it be better to just take the night off and relax? I really am sore....
firefliesandpixies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:21 PM   #2  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

My Personal Opinion?? I would do the cardio if you feel up to it... I've found that using my muscles again, just getting them moving, helps to flush out the lactic acid which built up in your muscles during your strnuous workout. No need to go all out tonight though, just get the blood pumping and flowing...Hopefully that will help so you dont wake up evne SORER tomorrow. Thats how I know when i got a REALLY good workout--- when im a little sore the next day, but it is even WORSE by the second day. However, only you know your own limits...

Post tomorrow if it helped!!
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:25 PM   #3  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Sounds like a good yoga class to gently work those muscles out of their stiffness woudl be a good idea...
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:19 PM   #4  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

i'd say depends on the cardio... a nice long walk may help but a jillian michaels video might be torture
me4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 184/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Thanks you guys! I kind of feel like I should move too . I'm currently trying to talk dh into a bike ride and if that doesn't work...I'll do some yoga!
firefliesandpixies is offline   Reply With Quote