manual treadmill ughhhhhhhhhhhh!

• you know I bought this manual treadmill this past weekend and can only walk like not even 5 min on it without feeling like I am going to die or pass out. I have been working out for a year but walking on this thing is insane. I am alot better today I walked 3 min. and the first day I couldn't even make it1min. this is crazy!!! I am happy about my little 3 mins though Why is it so different and do you think I am burning more calories because it is manual? any help with this would be great Keep up the good work ladies.
  • Not to be rude, but why did you buy a manual? Those are like... ancient. D:
    I would try to invest in an 'auto' treadmill. I have tried a manual, once. And it wasn't fun.
    But I suppose you are burning more calories, but I think it could be hurting your legs to be honest. They aren't meant to pull tarp down.
  • I found this article with a little information about them:

http://walking.about.com/od/treadmil...ltreadmill.htm

It sounds like you could be using more muscle to (at the very least) start the machine. But I couldn't tell you if you're burning more calories.
  • I bought a manual treadmill once and threw my back out trying to keep the thing moving.