:( its been a while

• So its been a while since i've been on the site..... I've been working out and eating ok (a ouple bad days, but no binge) and i stepped on the scale and was up 6.4 pounds in 1 week. I know my cycle is coming, but i've also started back with weights. Previously, i had stayed away, trying mainly to focus on walking (I Have a goal of doing 6 half marathons this year). Anyway, i'm frustrated and rambling. Anyone been through something similar? My rational brain is telling me sodium, water retention, etc (i.e., did not eat 21,000 additional calories over my bodies' weekly needs), but my emotional brain is screaming all sorts of nasty crap to me. Glad to be back on the post, though!
  • It's hard to get our rational brains & our emotional brains to mesh on things.

With all that is going on right now it sounds like much of this weight is just life stuff.

Stick with it, and maybe stay off the scale for a week and focus on what you know is right. This may help the emotional side to stay quiet about the scale.
  • Hang in there
    The emotional side is SOOOOO powerful. Just try and stay focused!
  • thanks for the responses!