3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   WATP...are you serious?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/160741-watp-you-serious.html)

RunnerKim 01-07-2009 10:47 PM

WATP...are you serious??

OK, due to the ice storm last night I couldn't go out for a run today. It was coming down in sheeets. So I got my WATP video in the mail yesterday and eagerly popped it into the DVD player hoping for a great workout. OMG...first of all, the woman who does the video looks like she needs to lose about 40 lbs and second of all, I never broke a sweat and barely got my heart rate up. Is it because I'm used to going outside and running that this walking in place thing with weights did absolutely nothing for me? Has anyone else had this experience with this video? Sooo disappointing!:mad:

kelly315 01-07-2009 11:14 PM

You mean this lady?

http://www.hotmoviesale.com/dvds/227...3-Workouts.jpg

erinmagill 01-07-2009 11:55 PM

I hope not...if she needs to "lose 30lbs" then Im going to be fat forever!

LandonsBaby 01-08-2009 12:02 AM

If you are runner, WATP is going to be like nothing. And uh, I wouldn't say Leslie needs to lose 40lbs. Not even in her older videos.

junebug41 01-08-2009 12:08 AM

WATP is great for people who do not have access to a facility, don't like to run (or can't), prefer to work out at home, and/or are just starting out... so I would imagine that you- as a runner- were probably bored.

But I know lots of people (and lots of people on this site) that have raved about it because of its accessibility and the fact that it's something they can do.

RN BSN 2009 01-08-2009 12:12 AM

I imagine if you're a runner, WATP would not be a good fit for you.

LandonsBaby 01-08-2009 12:18 AM

I am in pathetic shape and it doesn't raise my heart rate at all...so...yeah, not gonna work for a runner. :D

RunnerKim 01-08-2009 05:24 AM

My bad...I thought I might get at least a decent workout for those days I'm iced in with that video. Anyone interested in it? It's the Power Mile with weights DVD. I'll be glad to send it your way. I was exaggerating a bit when I said "40 lbs" but the first thing DH and I both said to each other when I popped the video in is "is she really teaching this class because she and the ladies with her were definitely very large in the thighs". :o

midwife 01-08-2009 08:52 AM

Sorry, Kim, your first post totally cracked me up!! Runners, my dear, are a different breed. I think WATP is great for people who are just starting movement, but for you? It reminds me of Ennay's post in WeightLifting forum where her trainer handed her 3 pound dumbbells. Say what???? :lol: Do you have any buildings with stairwells you can run up and down next time the weather is bad?

RunnerKim 01-08-2009 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly315 (Post 2535972)

OMG!!!! That's her but she did NOT have THAT body in the video i watched. Seriously...add 40 lbs to that right on her thighs and you'll come close.

RunnerKim 01-08-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midwife (Post 2536479)
Sorry, Kim, your first post totally cracked me up!! Runners, my dear, are a different breed. I think WATP is great for people who are just starting movement, but for you? It reminds me of Ennay's post in WeightLifting forum where her trainer handed her 3 pound dumbbells. Say what???? :lol: Do you have any buildings with stairwells you can run up and down next time the weather is bad?

LOL....I guess I was hoping for too much. May be time to break down and buy a dreaded treadmill.

I have a set of steep stairs that goes from my family room up to my 2nd floor. They're carpeted and there are 16 of them. I never thought of doing just regular 'ole stair climbing.

RunnerKim 01-08-2009 11:01 AM

OK, I just did some research and it looks like I need the five mile video. I saw a bunch of reviews that said the 5 miler is good and for advanced cardio workout folks. I guess I just bought the wrong video. Oh, and I went and looked at the cover of the 1 mile power walk and even that cover makes her look MUCH thinner than she was in the video. Airbrushing???

mandalinn82 01-08-2009 11:51 AM

Kim, I'm in pretty good shape, and have had a really hard time finding DVDs that get my heart rate up. Tae Bo always does a good job, Jillian's 30DS does a good job and you get the strength training boost in there. The Biggest Loser CardioMax DVD keeps me on the lower end of my HR training range, too...which isn't really THAT low, in the 150s or so.

meldogml84 01-08-2009 12:31 PM

You want to sweat and get your heart rate up? Trust me when I say this. Tae Bo!! HUGE FAN RIGHT HERE!! I lost the majority of my weight doing Tae Bo. It hurts like **** the couple times you do it, but after that it's still not easy but you fel like a million dollars after you complete it! Loves it!:carrot:

MariaMaria 01-08-2009 03:49 PM

You're a runner. Marching in place won't give you a workout.

(When I have to run in place at a traffic light my heart rate goes down--a lot. And I'm not in great running shape at the moment.)