The most hated exercises

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Hey I just had a question for you all and that is what exercise or types of exercise do you just hate? I know some people hate running, others hate ab work, some hate the stair stepper etc etc. Personally for me, I hate lunges and the variations of them. I don't know why but they are my own personal **** and have been forever. Even when I was smaller I couldn't stand them! I'd rather stick needles in my eyes! I also hate mountain climbers! The are second to the lunges though and I would do them over lunges any day.
  • Lots of exercises I used to hate I've learned to love, but I absolutely loathe Burpees. I can't even do one without feeling like I want to die.

I will never, ever learn to like them.
  • HATE the stair mill and running though I do them both cause they burn a ton of calories super fast.
  • I dont like using the jump rope. At all. Maybe one day I will. I used to hate running and now I like it.
  • These are the exercises I have a hard time doing WITHOUT modifying them.

-Jumping jacks
    -Push-ups
    -Jump rope

I'm slowly trying to make my body do these, but I always end up going back to the modified versions.
  • I'm not wild about spinning ... don't know why because I like to ride my bike outside. But the indoor spinning class just never really did much for me.
  • burpees are ****. But such an amazing workout
  • Excuse my ignorance but...what are burpees?

My most hated exercise is anything I have to do in silence and the stair machines. I hate all that climbing, does my head in. I love pretty much anything else though, especially dancing type workouts and running.
  • I used to hate lunges and squats then I did a lot of them and now I don't mind them. Mountain climbers I don't like only b/c I can't do them well.
  • I don't especially like doing the twenty million step-ups my trainer sometimes has me do. I am uncoordinated and often end up dizzy because I forget which foot is next!

I detest bouncy exercises - like jumping jacks. Evil, evil. I guess a sports bra would help. I logged thousands and thousands of exercise hours last year and still don't own one.
  • It changes depending on my life. I just try to tell myself that the more I dislike it, the more I probably need to do it. YMMV.
  • Quote: Excuse my ignorance but...what are burpees?
    Burpee:

http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFit_Burpees.wmv
  • Lunges and squats. I DETEST them. I know I need to do them though.
  • Aerobics classes. Anything that requires music and me to keep time and be coordinated. I can't help but laugh and snort at myself everytime I try one of these accursed things. The thing is that I never feel like I get a good workout because I spend so much time milling around laughing and trying to catch up to what the coordinated people with rythym are doing.
  • LOL, whatever yoga pose I'm working on that is too hard for me still.