Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-19-2009, 08:19 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I had a good run this morning. Got in a wee bit more intervals time (progress!), worked a little harder. And no pains
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:35 PM   #32  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Just did my straight jog this morning. It was a weebit warmer than it has been the last few days but still windy. I only passed one other jogger this morning and one bicyclist. Maybe the holiday kept everyone in bed. I need to post here more frequently as running is my exercise of choice. I go every morning. I usually try to alternate straight jogging with intervals. I know it sounds lazy but I really do enjoy jogging so much more than the intervals. I have been stepping up on my times though so my jog isn't as slow as it was. I would like to train for a 1/2 marathon this year. I haven't run a 5K formally yet, but typically run one every morning.

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 01-19-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:28 AM   #33  
MBN

S/C/G: 150/G:finding the happy me

Height: 5'2"

Got some nice mileage in over the long weekend, plus I ran my 10K on Saturday. I totally rocked the 10K -- posted a PR of 55:42, a pace of 8:58. I was really happy to break into a sub-9-minute pace (barely!) It was also good enough for 2nd in my age group so I got a nice trophy too. A PR and hardware!!

Next up is a half-marathon on Sunday. This is THE big event around here - the Miami Marathon. They are expecting 15,000 participants, so it's quite the deal. The course is spectacular, and it's a really fun race. So I'll be tapering this week .... one more run and lots of cross-training before Sunday.
MBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:00 PM   #34  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

shannon - I consider even 2 miles in 29 degree weather a victory lol. I know what you mean though when you feel like you've done less than your capable of. Just go back out and prove to yourself you can do it!

JackieRN - You girls are my heros lol. I do TM running and sometimes on an indoor track. Outside is far to chilly for me lol. Even with all this natural padding lol.

Pink Geranium - I know exactly what you mean about your legs "creeking into action" Mine are the same way... I always feel rigid and like running isn't going to be a good idea till they warm up. I've never thought about running in a group there is one here in town maybe I should look into it!

JulieJ08 - Good job on the progress and yay on not being sore. Although sometimes a little sore makes you feel proud.

Thighs Be Gone - Thats awesome that you run every morning. What a great way to start the day. I would love to get to this point...

MBN - Congrats on placing second I am officially drooling at your pace.. Nice job girly!

As for me...

Went to the rec last night. Added another minute to my longest interval. My pace improved and my last interval I ramped up the speed from 5 to 5.8 (I'm a little girl with little legs so this FAST lol). It felt really good. I love it when I run really hard and afterwards my lungs feel like they hold so much air! I am sore today though! I think I may have a sinus infection so no running tonight unfortunately.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote