Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2001, 10:47 PM   #16  

Hi!

Just wanted to check in quickly and post my exercise--I did 35 minutes Sat and Sunday.
That was 2 miles each time and 250 calories.
This is my best time ever on my crosstrainer--but I'm still not doing it 2x per day. Pogo, my crosstrainer has the cardiac program on there, but I don't have the heart rate attachment-so I can't do it.
I remember the one at the gym had it on the arms, but my machine is just lower body. I think I need to purchase a belt that goes with it, but since I can tell that my heart rate is up, I'm not going to get it right now. I use the random program and really like it. It gives you a series of diff resistance levels throughout your workout. It works for me!!
Well, I gotta run--lots of errands to do today! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
Kim
Old 02-05-2001, 10:10 PM   #17  

Good Morning everyone!

We had a heat wave over the weekend. It feels like August instead of February! My cold is better but it's still sticking around a little but not enough to stop me from exercising. I managed to get in 30 minutes on my Orbitrek on Saturday and Sunday ! That made me very happy. I sure didn't feel like doing it but I'm glad I did. It's supposed to cool off some this week so that will make exercising a little easier.

Kim-Thanks for the well wishes ! I do feel much better. That cold sure was a killer! It sounds like you've been doing great in the exercise department. I wouldn't be able to work in two 30 minute sessions. I was thinking of doing 40 minutes yesterday but then I had to help my son with a school project so I only did the 30. I managed to get in some good rest and exercise. Keep up the great exercise!

Amy-I miss you when you don't post! I hope you get over that cold quickly. It's a bad one. I know because I'm just getting over mine. It's really hard to do any type of exercise when you feel that way ! I hope you had a great weekend and way to go working in that exercise with sick kids and you not feeling well yourself! Hang in there !

MEME-Scrod sounds good! Echinacea is a herb that helps boost the immune system so the body can fight infection better. It's real common around my area (San Diego) and allot of people swear by it's benefits. I'm feeling much better but that cold sure is a bad one! I'm glad you are doing better. Your soup sounds so good. I wish I had some right now !

Pogo-Your scroud sounds great. Congrats on some awesome workouts! You must feel so good ! I'm not sure about the heart rate thing but the fat burning level will definitely require a higher heart rate then the lower levels. It's probably working you out at the top of your heart rate range. Make sure you don't go over it though or the workout won't be as effective. Keep it up!

Oh and Kim I have a heart rate monitor too that I need to start using. I bet it would help my workouts be more effective.

I hope you all have a great Monday. I'm going to get ready to do some work. Take care and keep moving everybody!

------------------
Rose
Old 02-06-2001, 07:27 AM   #18  

Hi everyone,

It's fun to hear about a heat wave! We've got some wet, windy snow outside tonite. Probably lots of cancellations tomorrow. Because of the prediction of snow, I went to the Y today. Did 30 minutes! And the nautilus. Tomorrow, shoveling!

Hope all those colds are getting better.

Pogo

Old 02-06-2001, 10:17 PM   #19  

Hi everyone!

Okay so much for our heat wave. Today it's cool and cloudy and looks like rain. Oh well I guess I shouldn't complain but these weather changes are starting to get to me. My cold is getting better though. Thank goodness. I almost feel like my old self again !

Pogo-I sure wouldn't want to be shoveling snow! My mom lives in Wisconsin so I remember that well. I'm glad you got your Y time in before the storm hit. Way to go!

I've decided to start a new program and see how it works. I read about it in Fitness Magazine (last months issue I believe) and it's called the Spark program. It's where you do 3 ten minute workouts through out the day for a total of 15 workouts per week. It seems like a good plan. Yesterday I did my Oxycise (which I think is the stretch protion of the program) then I did 10 minutes on the Orbitrek and a few hours later the Tae Bo 8 minute workout plus two minutes more on the Orbitrek. It felt really good. Today I do 1 stretch spark and two aerobic sparks and then tomorrow I do 1 aerobic spark and 1 strength training spark. If anyone else is interested let me know and I'll post more. I'm really anxious to see if this works. Maybe I'll stay more commited to exercise if I know it's for only 10 minutes at a time.

I hope everyone is feeling better ! Check in when you can.

------------------
Rose
Old 02-08-2001, 07:30 AM   #20  

Good evening everyone, I really like the Elliptical! I've done 30 minutes on Mon, Tues. & Wed! And the nautilus machines on Mon & Wed. I was so mad that I hadn't lost any weight when I weighed in last Friday (combined with my still high Blood Pressure) that I decided to really work at this. I am looking forward to weighing in on Friday. I will keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat!

I'm still on the Fat Burn program on the elliptical trainer. I'm thinking about trying the Cardiac Program. Maybe next week.

I think I need some yogurt now. Catch up with you all later.

Pogo
Old 02-08-2001, 08:04 AM   #21  
Back To Lifetime....!!

Hi All

I'm doing a bit more on the ab-wheel now. It was slow going the first week - I'm starting my 2nd week now. I'm still not able to do too much, but w/time I'll do more. Having fun doing LOTS of yardwork. Expecting some rain off/on this week so I may do some "mall walking".

Glad to see everyone is feeling better. My family was sick off/on for a long time. I'm so thankful were over that now.

Lighter !~~~ Nona
Old 02-08-2001, 09:27 PM   #22  

Good Morning Everyone!

It's great to see some new posts ! I was wondering what happened to everyone. I've been doing great with this new program. I did my stretch (Oxycise) in the morning and then 10 minutes of aerobics and about 3 hours later 10 minutes of strength training. I actually enjoy doing it. It's strange but just by saying 10 minutes I think I'm more apt to do it then if I said 30 minutes or 45 minutes. I'll see what kind of results I get after I do this for a month. I'll let you know if it works.

Nona-I have the abslide and it really does work ! It's hard for me to do more then a couple minutes on it but you will definitely get toned if you keep doing it. I can feel my muscles under all my fat ! Now all I have to do is get rid of that. I'm glad you all are feeling better. That cold is a killer. It took me a while to shake it too.

Pogo-You are doing amazing on your elliptical! You are sure getting in some awesome workouts. I really do love my Orbitrek. Last night for one of my 10 minute sparks I put it on high resistence and boy did I get a workout in just 10 minutes. It really is a great machine. Keep up the great exercise!

Okay how is everyone else doing? I hope everyone is staying healthy and moving a little ! Check in when you can.

------------------
Rose
Old 02-09-2001, 09:26 PM   #23  

Good Morning!

I'm so glad it's Friday ! I got another day of great workouts in. This Spark program I'm on is great and seems to be making me feel better. I think it's because of the 10 minute thing. I can always do exercise if I know it's for only ten minutes and I really work hard during those 10 minutes. I think I can really stick with this. Hopefully my results will show how good I'm feeling ! I hope you all find some time to post to let me know how it's going. It's getting a little lonely in here lately. Check in when you all can.

------------------
Rose
Old 02-10-2001, 02:27 AM   #24  

Hello everyone! Happy Friday! I just got back from ww where I lost 3 pounds! Oh, the doorbell just rang - it's my Dad - I'll be back later.

Pogo
Old 02-10-2001, 05:12 AM   #25  
Back To Lifetime....!!

Pogo - Congrats on your loss

Rose - Hopefully the site will stay busy over the weekend - I like to check in here when I feel like munching over the Sat/Sun while getting caught up on house cleaning, etc. Glad to hear your enjoying your Sparks program Keep it up!

I managed to lose .6 at my meeting yesterday. Not much, but I'll take it!! I'm hoping for another loss next Thursday! I will be getting my ab-wheel out again tonite & plan on walking tomorrow while my kids ride their bikes if DH can't watch them.

Later ~~~ Nona
Old 02-12-2001, 05:31 AM   #26  
Back To Lifetime....!!

Guess this place isn't very active this weekend! I kept checking in, too. Hopefully everyone is more active than it has been here - LOL! Just doing the usual weekend cleaning and shopping over here.

I'll check w/ya lighter....
Nona
Old 02-12-2001, 09:31 PM   #27  

Good morning everyone!

I had a great weekend and managed to do my program all weekend ! I'm starting to feel really good. It's so easy to just pick 10 minutes here and there and do it plus it's even easier when you want to do it. There is just something about 10 minutes that makes working out so much easier to stick with.

Nona-I'm sorry I wasn't online over the weekend but I only have a computer at work unless my neighbor lets me use his ! I miss you all on the weekends. I'm hoping to get a new computer when I get my income tax refund. I can't wait ! I did housework and laundry and shopping and allot of running this weekend. It was a workout just doing that. I'm glad you're still hanging in there with us.

Pogo-I hope you had a good weekend ! It sounds like you are sticking with your exercise routine great! Keep it up. Post when you can.

So it's Monday again already. Next Monday is a holiday for me so no work ! I'm looking forward to it. I'll be back later to see if we have any new posts.

------------------
Rose
Old 02-14-2001, 09:31 PM   #28  

Happy Valentines Day everybody !

Okay so where did everyone go? It's getting lonely on here. I hope you all can check in sometime soon.

I'm doing great on the Sparks program so far. I'm really feeling good on it and I think I can actually feel and see my body responding to this program. I've actually stuck to it and it's been one week so far. I'll wait for two more before I check out the inches/weight to see if this program really is going to work. ! I hope you all have a happy Valentines Day and get allot of nice presents from your sweethearts !

I'll check back later. I hope someone posts by then !

------------------
Rose

[This message has been edited by ras8779 (edited 02-14-2001).]
Old 02-15-2001, 03:16 AM   #29  

Hi everyone! Well, I got back to the gym this week-believe it or not I took last week off cuz I felt HORRIBLE-and I decided to just stay home and rest!

This week:
Monday
30 minutes treadmill and body trec
300 cals
2.25 miles

Today
20 min body trec
10 minutes treadmill
275 cals
1.75 miles

I plan to get to the gym once more, but Id love to make it twice.

Just to let you guys know, on Monday I made it to the 50 pounds lost mark! I know exercise has really helped me!

Well, hope you all are doing great! Ras, you always inspire me so keep up the good work!

Take care,
Amy
288/237.5/170 www.geocities.com/amyn26amyn26/
Old 02-15-2001, 05:34 AM   #30  

Hi everyone again!

It's been a blue day for me. It's Valentines Day and I didn't get anything from anyone ! So I thought I'd come on here and ask for some sympathy hugs!

Amy-You are so sweet to say that I inspire you. In fact you are the one that inspires me! Congrats on 50 pounds gone forever ! I'm so happy for you. You are doing awesome and I do believe in the power of exercise. As much as we hate to do it, it really does work . And thanks for posting. I was getting so lonely on this thread.

How about everybody else? I hope you all had a great Valentines Day !

------------------
Rose
Closed Thread