Do you have a bosu ball?

• Found a good deal on one (still pretty spendy) and I'm wondering what you guys thing of yours?
  • I like my bosu a lot. It is versatile and it comes with an exercise DVD. I bought another DVD to mix it up but I don't always use it. I use a bosu a couple times a week though for core/balance training.
  • I don't have one- I just use the one at my gym and I love it. I actually might invest in one because it would be a great tool for an apt workout.
  • There is a lot of new reports out that the bosu does not actually do anymore for your core/balance than normal body weight workouts, and if your including weights your injury risk significantly increases. Sucks, because they are fun!
  • are bosu balls just the regular inflatable exercise balls? I have one and just recently started using it again with my core training dvd. So studies are showing that they're not very effective?
  • A bosu ball is dome shaped and filled with air, usually the workouts involve standing on them or doing pushups with your arms on them. The ones at my work are blue.
  • Quote: There is a lot of new reports out that the bosu does not actually do anymore for your core/balance than normal body weight workouts, and if your including weights your injury risk significantly increases. Sucks, because they are fun!
    Can you point me to the source? Thanks!
    Quote: A bosu ball is dome shaped and filled with air, usually the workouts involve standing on them or doing pushups with your arms on them. The ones at my work are blue.
    I don't use them for core and haven't done pushups on them. However, my trainer showed me a bunch of cardio-type stuff that really gets my heart rate up.
  • Yeah, I haven't heard that either, jessisaokay. Do you have a source?
  • oh, ok. I know what you're talking about. That's not what I have. I have a big BALL (like when you're in labor) that I use. Whew.
  • I have the articles at work, I'll post the links tomorrow. Most of the trainers i work with are split on whether its useful or not, my personal opinion is that its great for getting your heart rate up and whatnot, although i just use the regular step or run stairs. I never noticed it doing anything for my balance/core. But i think that standing on an unstable surface, squatting while lifting weights is just asking for an injury.
  • I love bosu balls.

They're great for rehabilitating ankles after injury, or just to increase stability. Also great for knee work.