3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Exercise I can do at home (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/153872-exercise-i-can-do-home.html)

SaraD 10-12-2008 10:54 AM

Exercise I can do at home

Hi everyone. I was wondering do you guys know of an exercise program I can use at home. I can't afford a gym right now. It would be much easier for me to have something to do at home. I cannot have a lot of jumping around though either. But I miss exercising and I need something. Thank you everyone.

--Sara

bunny43 10-12-2008 11:06 AM

You can go to your local library and rent exercise DVD/VHS. Best is they are free to rent!

nelie 10-12-2008 11:52 AM

Walking? Running?

Can you afford some weights or resistance bands?

JulieJ08 10-12-2008 01:04 PM

I either run (started out walking) or do yoga. No gym needed :).

SaraD 10-12-2008 02:54 PM

I live in Illinois and the cold weather is coming, so I can't plan on exercising outdoors. I also can afford things like stretch bands, balls etc...

--Sara

PhotoChick 10-12-2008 03:29 PM

Get some resistance bands and a swiss ball and you'll be good to go. There are so many exercises you can do at home with just those things. Generally if you get the ball and the bands, they'll come with a DVD with some exercises on them.

you can also do lunges, squats, stepups, crunches, situps, leg lifts, pushups, triceps dips, and any number of other things just with bodyweight. Look up these things on youtube and you'll find videos showing you how to do them and correct form.

Good luck! :)

CountingDown 10-12-2008 04:20 PM

Exercise.TV has some free workouts as well.

and

With the bands, and a few hand weights, you can find online routines to help you get started.

I like WATP videos, as well as many of the 10 minute solution videos. As mentioned, many libraries have free rentals. And - some video stores have free rentals for exercise DVDs.

I buy a lot of mine at half.com and ebay. :)

texscrapper 10-12-2008 04:42 PM

I also am a big fan of Walk Away the Pounds - it is great for beginners. Also, I am a netflix member, and there are exercise videos there. I typically get 1 new one a week and alternate it with WATP!

Ami12345 10-12-2008 04:54 PM

I don't know if you have ON DEMAND on your cable tv, but if so, they offer a whole bunch of free exercise viseos under 'free ONdemand'... if you don't have on demand, the other suggestions are good. Also, I would like to add pilates to that list... it's done using your own body weight to work out, and you don't bulk up. You create long, lean muscle. I bet you could find some info online as well as your local library... Sometimes I even get some exercise in by simply up my stereo and dancing my you-know-what off!

nelie 10-12-2008 05:10 PM

I don't think our winters are that severe but I walk outside almost every day, including snowy, cold days. Ice is the only thing that concerns me and I bought Yaktrax for days when there is ice on the ground. Of course not everyone wants to be outside and there are plenty of things to do inside.

Botzz 10-12-2008 07:40 PM

calisthenics? push ups, sit ups, squats, lunges, run in place. have stairs in your home? walk up and down them timing it add reps or speed it up as you get stronger, long stretch routines, basic yoga, try all of this while holding a canned good in each hand, jumping jacks, jumping rope, bows, theres always dancing, nothing easier than playing some music you enjoy and dancing. there is a ton of things one can do with even a zero budget just get creative and it shall be so.

I have lost 160 pounds using many of the things I just listed, am not a member at a gym. I walk and hike in the warmer/cooler months and I ride a stationary bike (that I got off of craigslist for $40) on the colder days during winter adding many of the things I listed. its easy to find movement, so be like Nike and just do it! :dancer::carrot::dance::broc:

As Ever
Me