Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-27-2008, 11:36 AM   #16  
Gym Bunny

S/C/G: 71.6/58.7/50kg OR 157/129/110

Height: 164cm

working in a gym i see alot of strange and funny things.

the most embarrassing thing i have ever done was during a body combat class.

if anyone has ever done body combat they know there is one particular track that has alot of knees in them where you are bouncing about.
being a gym regular i had plonked myself at the front of the fully mirrored room.
during this track while doing the knee lifts i lost my footing and bounced my *** off the floor.

being a small town gym for the following weeks the members in the class would actually point at me and laugh!
shame!
aimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 02:56 PM   #17  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

I got this clever idea that I would "play" my way into shape and joined a co-ed softball team. One time, I swung the bat so hard, missing the ball, that it spun me around and into the air and I landed on my back.
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:19 PM   #18  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

I am a clutz after a really hard workout. Apparently, the more tired I am, the worse my coordination gets. That's why I don't do step or dance aerobics classes. I've had a few run-ins (and war wounds, as a result) with the back of the elliptical when I've finished my workout.

And one I'm really ashamed to admit...
I'm at the gym after work last week, busting my behind on the elliptical. I kept smelling the "freshly picked onion" odor also known as funky armpits. I'm on the elliptical next to another woman, and I'm thinking "wow, she really should have put on deodorant before she left the house." Well, she finishes her workout and I still smell the fresh cheeseburger with extra onions odor.

It was me. Apparently my Secret platinum told on itself that day. I guess I didn't put enough on...I vowed to never let THAT happen again...

Last edited by grneyedmustang; 09-27-2008 at 03:20 PM.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 05:22 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

That happened to me one time at the gym. I was on the elliptical and then all of a sudden, there was the unmistakable scent of body odor. I was so nervous that it was me.....I was even doing the "I'm going to sniff my armpits without anyone really noticing what I'm doing" thing. Thankfully, it wasn't me, but the guy on the machine next to me.

But I have managed to not pick up my foot enough several times when stepping over the long row of plugs for the different machines. My foot usually snaps over it and makes a wicked loud noise. And of course there are always people on all the machines right there.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 06:17 PM   #20  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Smile

When I started gym some three years ago, I looked like the Pillsbury Dough Boy and didn't have the clothing thing quite under control. My trainer had me on my hands and knees and told me to lift my left arm and right leg. I was sweating rivers so I couldn't see, my t-shirt had scrunched up to my armpits, my belly hung to the floor, but I kicked out as directed. Hit something. Heard a disdaining voice, "I believe your client has just kicked my client in the butt." And much laughter.

Oh Well. As the weight dropped off it got easier.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote