Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-02-2008, 04:47 PM   #106  

Jo: I totally don't blame you for not wanting to take karate with a bunch of 5 year olds when it was supposed to be women's self defense. Belly dancing is fun. I have a couple of DVD's that are quite a good workout. I am definitely sweating by the end of them. Maybe they offer a Tai Chi class, that is usually more adult oriented.

Thank you for mentioning the farmer's market. I was just thinking I needed to go get fruits and veggies and forgot we have an awesome farmer's market just 20 minutes away. I will have to go there Saturday.

Fat Pants: lol. Someone else who loathes statistics. I absolutely hated that class. I disliked it so much I kept the book in the trunk and only took tests in the course, since the teacher did not require homework to be turned in. I only got a B+, but at least I did not have to drudge through it so much. Then I found out I did not need it for my degree because my other math courses counted as my math credits. It counted as an elective, lol.

Your recipe sounds great. You have to let us know how it comes out. Thank you for the advice on the weights. I do not have a baby sitter to go to a gym, so any exercise I do has to be done at home or around the neighborhood.

Congrats on the weight loss! Any loss is a good loss. If you ask me a thorough cleaning of the house should count as exercise.
DianaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 05:00 PM   #107  

Well I'm back! Disneyland was fun, lots of walking and not too much eating! Sounds like everyone is doing pretty good if not great!! Lots of good recipes too!

After seeing the scale last night and gaining another lb. I nixed food for good, started slimfasting it today. That with the exercise and I would think I would see some kind of result by next Saturday! Still trying to decide if I will exercise today, I have an apt. for work in an hour so I can't right now and then I have to pick my daughter up so I don't know if I will get a chance....... 100% for tomorrow though. Here is this weeks plan:

Friday: 30 min. elliptical
Sat: 10 min. weights 30 min. elliptical or workout video

and I think just rotate that every other day.

Hope everyone is doing well, good to be back!

Jen
j27kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 05:10 PM   #108  

Jen, I am so glad you had fun on your trip. I admire your slimfast plan. I simply cannot nix food. I have to have something to chew or I do not feel like I had a meal. Rotating your weight training and cardio and your straight cardio days is a good idea. That will give your muscles time to rest between workouts.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:02 AM   #109  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Belly dancing is amazing! If thats what you end up doing I hope you have a fantastic time!

Today my scale is UP which isnt surprising because the end of last week/beginning of this week was awful food wise. But it's still discouraging, ya know? I'm not gonna go binge but sometimes it just feels like I'm going nowhere... I always get to one number and just stick. Anyway my leg are very achey so I really don't know if I'll go to gym today. I'll probably just lift some weights at home & use the exercise ball.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 07:54 AM   #110  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Hi everyone, Happy Friday to you!

dinner last night was great; I had a little more salad than I planned, but I figured if I'm going to indulge in anything it might as well be salad. And wine. Ohhh... too much wine. I'm feeling it a little bit this morning.

I hopped on the scale to see if there was any damage and I'm at the same weight as yesterday, so that's a plus. i've really got to get in some good workouts this weekend and definitely work on not blowing it food-wise as I tend to do.

Jen I too admire your slimfast plan. I will sometimes have one for breakfast but I find myself starving not long after it!

Well I have a full day ahead of me so I'd better get to it!
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:26 AM   #111  

Spoz: I must be tired today. Since you capitalized up I sat here thinking what does U...P... stand for, lol. I saw it as an acronym. Plateau's can be discouraging, but when your body does start losing again you will probably see a big drop in the scale. I hope your legs feel better.

Fat Pants: I have not had wine since I started this. I really need to work it into my calorie count at least once a week. I miss a nice glass of chardonay on a Friday night while hubby and I catch up on our week's.

Overindulging in the salad is definitely better than having more dessert.

Ugh, did I mention yesterday when the guy showed up to fix the air it was the wrong part. They are bringing us a replacement unit for the week no charge since it will be another 7-10 days before the new part gets here.

I am off in a half hour to go get my thyroid ultrasound. I am really nervous. All of my thyroid bloodwork came back normal, but my thyroid is enlarged and they want to make sure it is not cancer. I think I would feel better about the appointment if they had worded it as wanting to make sure it was okay. lol. I am sure it is nothing, but still afraid they will find something that needs to be checked. The idea of a needle biopsy in the throat is sort of gross to me. You would think after years of giving myself insulin I would be immune to needle's, but no. Wish me luck.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:45 AM   #112  
Burning it away

Ah Diana I have thyroid problems and take insulin so I can relate. Last time I went to get my yearly blood test to check everything out I passed out! Slightly embarrassing when I've been sticking needles in myself for years, but you're absolutely not alone! And I'm sure the test will be just fine, I can understand you're being nervous but it's best just to check everything out just in case, right? big hugs to you
Old 10-03-2008, 11:11 AM   #113  

Spoz: Thanks for the hugs. It was only an ultrasound tech when I got there, so the Doctor won't review her measurements and scans until Monday. At least she didn't suck in her breath, give me weird looks, or let any curses out, so I figure nothing looked abnormal to her, lol.

That is great that you no longer need insulin! That is one of my major goals with losing all this weight. To reduce my diabetes meds and blood pressure meds and just plain old get healthier. Looking better is just the icing on the cake (oh, the irony of the metaphor.) I think I will need my blood pressure meds readjusted soon. If I go from sitting to standing too quickly I get dizzy, which could be from too much blood pressure med now that I am lighter.

I have been spot checking my pressure at home and it is not low, but who knows, right?

Last edited by DianaG; 10-03-2008 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:02 PM   #114  
Burning it away

Ah no I still take insulin, I've been a type 1 since the age of 1! But hey, many people have improved their diabetes and stopped with insulin by losing the weight and I'm positive you can do it! Glad to hear everything seems ok, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Monday
Old 10-03-2008, 03:58 PM   #115  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Diana, we're keeping our fingers and toes crossed for you! I'm sure everything will turn out great. what a bummer about your A/C part, though. Why can't it ever be easy??? lol

Well I am happy to report that all ended well with my graduate committee problems. Got the alternate professor I wanted, and a final date set - Nov. 18th for sure! I wanted to get it out of the way so I wouldn't have to think about it over Thanksgiving.

I just got REALLY nervous now that it's all set in stone!!!!!
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:56 PM   #116  

Good Afternoon!

Yes slim fast sucks and I am starving, but one good thing is I am so hungry I always have dinner ready by 5:30 instead of the usual dragging feet 8 o clock!
So far so good yesterdays diet was successful and I did 30 min. on elliptical this morning. I've only eaten 2 slim fast meal bars today and I have dinner ready to go.......only 3.5 more hours till I get to eat it!!!

Diana: I will keep my fingers crossed that you can drop the insulin soon!

Fat Pants: You are going to have the Best Thanksgiving ever I can imagine! I stress out so much when I have to do something small I can't imagine when it is something big!
j27kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 05:40 PM   #117  
Plateau-Mania!

S/C/G: 184/155/140

Height: 5'5"

Still waiting for Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred to come in the mail...

I joined this calorie counting web site, fitday.com, yesterday. And wow! I can't believe how many calories I ate without even thinking! So I'm gonna whip my butt into shape on watching what I more carefully! I think I might try cooking all my lunches one day a week and vacuum sealing them......And telling my BF to quit making deep-fried zuchinni! I only had one piece last time though, our whole house is smelling like it and the thought of any more makes me sick

Diana, I'm sorry you have to wait til Monday to find out the results, but it sounds like things will turn out well. That definitley sucks about the AC part! I live in utah, and during the summers when its like 90+ I'm completely useless!

Jen, I'm glad you had fun at Disneyland! I'm so excited for my Disneyland trip! I look at it everyday on Google maps! My BF thinks I'm nuts!

I used to have an exercise ball, and I loved it! Unfortunately when I moved out my klepto sister took it! I need to put one of those no my Wal-Mart list for tomorrow, along with some dumbells for my JM Dvd (still waiting...)...

Last edited by platnumjo; 10-03-2008 at 05:40 PM.
platnumjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 08:47 PM   #118  

Hi everyone. Thank you for the well wishes. I am going to keep optimistic about it and just know it is nothing. They say pregnancy can make an enlarged thyroid and it has only been since Zoe's birth that they have noticed anything. It just felt bigger the last time I was in, but it was a different doctor so how would she know how it felt last time.

Well we have a replacement unit out there, but it is not really compatable with our system so before they left they go "oh, by the way try not to let it get below the high 70's because it might freeze up on you." lol. Freezing up is what broke our last one. At least it is cooler out at night now, so we can set it higher and be comfortable. It is nice to have air circulating again.

Spoz: Sorry to hear you are type 1. Are you on an insulin pump or shots? I got a pump after my third misscarriage and have used it ever since. I only have to use a needle every three days instead of many times a day.

Fat Pants: I am so glad you got the alternate professor you wanted. Try not to worry about it. You will be so relieved when it is all over. My fingers will be crossed for you on the 18th.

Jen: Congratulations on the slim fast willpower. I hear you on dinner. The girls eat around 5 or 6, but Lee isn't home until 7:30 or 8, since he has an hour commute and works 10 hour days. I usually wait and eat with him even though I know eating that late is bad. At least I am too full for after dinner snacking. I hope this diet gives you the boost you need to get the weight dropping off.

Platnumjo: I use fitday dot com and they are great. I put my frozen meals in the custom food section because I have trouble finding everything if it is a lean cuisine etc... I was amazed at how much I was eating before. Now I vary the amount of food I eat by 300 calories a day so I don't set a calorie intake habit. Sometimes it is closer to the 1200, but usually it is closer to the 1500. Actually putting everything in fitday lets me know if I am on target and my official weekly weigh in is tomorrow so I am hoping to see a good loss. I usually overestimate my calories a bit to make sure I am not off in my measurement. For example, I don't measure my milk in my cereal so I put in the calories for 2/3's cup, but I don't like soggy cereal so I am sure it is actually less than that. In case I am wrong in my estimate I feel better overestimating. I never get exactly close to 1200, so I am always sure I am eating above that amount.

Once I started making healthier choices I was amazed at how much food 12-1500 calories is. Sorry for the long fitday response, but I love that site!
Diana
Old 10-04-2008, 08:54 AM   #119  

Good morning everyone! I am off to the farmer's market to see if I can save some money on fresh fruits and veggies. At least I will be off once I finish my coffee and wake Olivia up. She is usually up at the crack of dawn, but she wet the bed last night and I had to change her jammies and sheets, so I guess she needed the extra sleep.

I weighed in this morning and lost 6lbs this week! I can't believe it. I wonder if it is the exercising daily or the calorie counting or the water drinking. Maybe my blood sugar being in control is effecting my natural insulin levels so it is not as hard to lose. Whatever it is my husband says it is working so don't mess with it. He is losing too. He is 1.5lbs away from being in the 200's!

Having his support so I am not making us separate meals really is helping me.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-04-2008, 09:12 AM   #120  
Burning it away

Oh wow Diana, 6 lbs is incredible WTG! Yeah I'm on insulin injections, not many people in the Uk are on pumps and I'm not sure if I like the sound of them yet..

Platnumjo - It is really easy to eat too many calories without realizing it, even whilst eating healthy foods so it figures why calorie counting is such an effective weight loss method.

I'm doing okay, gonna plan all my meals out because at the moment my meals are all a bit hectic and I need to get back into the swing of cooking again. I'm gonna go for 15 on the cross trainer in the morning and aim for 100+ sit ups. I want the perfect abs when I reach goal weight.. (it will be done)