Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-12-2008, 12:07 PM   #16  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'8

Day 2 got through over half of the video Now the next couple of days will be a killer I am on 3rd shift in the ER tonight, Saturday night and Sunday night so if I can stay on diet and exercise through this weekend I'll be okay!!
clewles81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:32 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 206/194.5/135

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies....so i'm a day late but i'd like to sign up!!! I was totally just thinking i'd like to join a challenge, but they are all closed!! Way to start this one!!!! I'm not sure i quite understand the guidelines but none-the-less here goes.

Friday - Lunchtime swim 20 mins, evening run 37 mins
Saturday cleaning all day..maybe i'll get to the gym
Sunday - ARC Trainer
Monday - lunchtime swim 20 mins, evening run 38 mins, pilates dvd
Tuesday - lunchtime swim 20 mins, evening run 38 mins
Wednesday - lunchtime sime 20 mins, evening run 38 mins
Thursday - lunchtime swim 20 mins, evening run 39 mins
Friday lunchtime swim 20 mins, evening run 41 mins

Friday evening workouts, and Sundays are especially hard for me to commit to. On Fridays I'll have like 10 mins left on my treadmill, and i'll be like what's 10 mins...i want to be out with my friends. The sad part is that 10 mins won't kill me nor my plans!! What's 10 mins....over the course of the month it adds up. 10 minutes = a less jiggly butt!!! Sundays are hard becuase i just want to relax all day, but that totally sets me up for running to the fridge when i'm bored....so i shouldn't do that either!! Relaxing sundays = extra calories!!! So on top of my daily committment i need to work extra hard to put forth the effort and not fall back where i normally would!!
Kristine612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:33 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by clewles81 View Post
Day 2 got through over half of the video Now the next couple of days will be a killer I am on 3rd shift in the ER tonight, Saturday night and Sunday night so if I can stay on diet and exercise through this weekend I'll be okay!!
You can do it...sometimes it just takes a little more effort.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:36 PM   #19  

Hi everyone. How did today go?

Kristine: Welcome. You have a nice routine planned out for your exercise goals.

Clewless: My sister is an R.N. those 12 hour shifts can be brutal. Sometimes she forgets to eat.

Shy: I remember a guy hitting a deer once when I was a kid and the road was shut down and his car was totaled.

We went for a long walk and to the park and then I still got in my hour on the treadmill. I can already see a difference in my blood sugar numbers. My numbers have not gone over 136 today after eating and they have been in the 200's.

I think my legs are beginning to get use to the walking. Before they would start to ache at around 15 minutes, but now they do not start to ache until about 45 minutes in, but it is not a painful ache just annoying. I am definitely not ready to up it past 60 yet.

Have a good night everyone.
DianaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:12 AM   #20  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Clew
I live in a all shifts world lol. I worked second and third so I am just use to those shifts and of course the kids are a first shift kind of people lol. I go to bed at about 3 am and get up about 8 am sleep in till 10 if I am real real tired. I feel for you. Wish you could get a steady schedule.

Di
My problem is my lungs. The legs are fine and can do 5 mile videos. Right now my knees don't like them but the rest of my legs love them lol. My lungs on the other hand have decided after all this time that 2 or 3 miles at a time is more than enough lol. You will build up to doing as much as you want to do. You just give it time.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 08:45 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

I work completely alone. No one is ever around the office all day long. I'd love to workout during the day when it's slow. I noticed Kristine612 swims during her lunch. This isn't an option for me, but I would still like to be active throughout the day - without getting sweaty a gross. I really dont want to leave the office either because I might miss a call. I've thought of bringing my yoga mat and 3lb weights to work and doing that whenever possible, but it's such a hassle lugging all that into work. Any suggestions for office exercises?

Last edited by raw23; 09-15-2008 at 12:51 PM.
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:49 PM   #22  
Rennie

raw
You could bring a small set of dumbbells and do a workout with those. Nice easy work out that still gives a nice workout but isn't going to get you all nasty.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:40 AM   #23  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Day 3: Was able to get up early enough to walk on treadmill 30 minutes...I have also been able to stay on eating plan. Thank God!
clewles81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 03:18 PM   #24  

Raw,
I agree a small set of hand weights would be a good way to tone while at work if you are not wanting anything too aerobic that would make you sweat.

Clewless: Yea! Great job on sticking to your plan and getting your treadmill in.

Shy: Thank you for the encouragement. Yesterday we took the girls out in the double stroller and walked around a nearby lake. Total walk is about 4 miles. It was midmorning so we were sweating quite a bit.

Yesterday and so far today I have not strayed off my food plan. My highest blood sugar was 154 which was after cereal so to be expected. I just finished grading a ton of papers, so we are off to take another walk around the lake. My feet ached a bit all night after the walk, but they feel better this morning. I got on the scale this morning and was down 3 lbs from last week when I started doing the treadmill. I hope it is not just water weight from sweating during yesterday's walk. It is TOM, so I am hoping the weight loss is even bigger once my body is back to normal. I stopped by diet soda all together and have been just drinking my morning coffee and water during the day.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 09-15-2008, 12:50 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Well, I didn't do all the exercise I intended to do over the weekend... but I did do about 300 crunches, lots of time with free weights, and about 20 minutes of light aerobics. Had too many tests and didn't leave the house all weekend. Ike didn't help either, when it's rainly and cloudy it's so hard to leave the house or do anything.
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:44 PM   #26  

Diana G = good job on adding thirty minutes to your walking...that's huge!!! When i started jogging i could make it about 2 minutes, and it just kept increasing i'm currently at 24 minutes. It almost seems effortless after a while. And your BS being lower that's huge!!! Think of all you are doing for your future..and your post seems more uplifted as well...soon your butt will be too ahahhaha

Shy Moment - try and increase the intensity like the last few minutes of your walk..it will increase the strength of your lungs. it feels like you're going to die but it's only 120 seconds for maybe another mile in a few weeks!!

Raw23 - That's why i started swimming..i wanted to be active, but i didn't want to get all gross. i do use a kickboard so i don't have to redo my hair and what not. plus it's great for the legs!! Do you have a flight of stairs at your office?? You could walk up those a few times a day. Or maybe(space provided) you could pick up an inexpensive used treadmill and hop on that. It's nice to do something during the day...kind of breaks up the drudgery that is the OFFICE hahahah!!

doing well so far here. i did get to the gym on saturday morning for a while so that was good. weighed in at 187 today so that was exciting! I have a bachelorette party in two weeks and hoping to lose another 5. i guess we have to wear all white...who does that?!?!?! 1. no white pants are flattering unless you are like a 6 or smaller 2. it's after labor day. Kind of nervous about it to say the least. It's too cold to wear a skirt otherwise i would go for that....i want to participate but i want to be comfortable so we'll see what happens...it's two weeks away there are other things to focus on. have a good evening everyone and enjoy your workout!
Old 09-15-2008, 04:17 PM   #27  
Rennie

krist
I was up to 10 miles of walking aerobics videos a day lol. Didn't take very long without exercise for the lungs to get weak again. I will get back to where I was. Will just take me a few weeks

Last edited by Shy Moment; 09-15-2008 at 04:46 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:40 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 196/184.6/146

Height: 5'10

Default Need more exercise - running

WOW you've really inspired me ladies - 15 weeks to christmas, which is really 14 now for us, right? SO i'd like to be at a weight where i'm going to be happier to take pictures. I don't have a lot of pix over the last few years.

My plan has been to just walk, and try to lose the weight, as well as a modified diet, which I've been really good at following.

I found this on Friday and started right away - from couch potato to runner...
can't post links, but it's at coolrunning dot com

It's only 25 minutes of warmup and exercise, but MAN do i get a good sweat on during it. I am using my treadmill so far, but will get out in the great outdoors soon - once I am more comfortable. I am shy to run in public.

Other than that I will make sure to get out for a 30 minute walk 3x a week at work, and do some weight training/resistance bands 3x a week too, in front of the TV. Maybe when I hit my next milestone - 180 - I will add something else.

I'm also trying to get fit for pregnancy. I have an older child, but my cycles for the last while have been really long. I'm hoping weightloss will regulate that.

Good luck to everyone!
soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 04:41 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 196/184.6/146

Height: 5'10

Default oopa

meant to subscribe...
soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:30 PM   #30  

Raw, 300 crunches is awesome! I have such a tummy it gets in my way, lol. I told my husband my first goal should be being able to easily get to my feet to rub them when I work out.

Kristine: Thank you. I found that if I envision myself walking in some really cute shoes, which of course need cute clothes and of course I am my ideal weight to wear them that the time flies by and I have more incentive.

Soon: I hear you on the pictures. We never took many pictures over the years, but the family is photo crazy now that we have two little ones and it is harder to find excuses to not be in the photos.

Shy: You will get back there! 10 miles is awesome.

Have a good night everyone. I have an endo appt tomorrow for my diabetes check up. I wonder what I weigh on their scale? I always weigh sneakers on the scale there so I bet it will be higher than mine.