Zumba

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Has anyone here ever did a Zumba workout? I just went to a class the other evening and simply love it. Lots of music and dancing. I was so sore. I will be doing this again!!!!!
  • my daughter signed up for a month and thinks it is the best thing since peanut butter
  • I don't know what Zumba is? Can you explain? Because it sounds great.
  • What the heck is Zumba???
  • Hi,

I just wanted to add that zumba is an amazing workout that can burn 600-1000 calories. It is so much fun and it feels like you are not working out, you are having fun and having an amazing time.
  • I have the DVDS - I love them!!!
    http://www.zumbafitness.com/
  • Went to my first class yesterday!!!
    Loved it!! Going back next weekend. Would love to go everyday, but work doesn't allow me to do that.
  • I am doing Zumba on a regular basis now. I had to stop running on my TM because it causes me problems with my hip. Zumba burns pretty much the same number of calories and I fell in love with it. Mind you, I have two left feet but I got over that. Fortunately, we also have Zumba 101 class and that helped somewhat in learning the steps.
  • Quote: I don't know what Zumba is? Can you explain? Because it sounds great.
    Zumba combines Latin rhythms with cardiovascular exercise to create an aerobic routine that is fun and easy to follow. The name Zumba is derived from a Colombian word meaning to move fast and have fun.

Give it a try, its lots of fun!
  • my first class is tomorrow. a neighbor is joining me. i'm hopeful that i enjoy it since it's offered M-W-F and i'm looking for a way to shake up my workout routine.
  • It looks like a lot of fun!!
  • I found some Zumba videos over at Youtube, def going to try it out. Several girls from my office go to classes and love it.
  • Zumba is a blast. As mentioned before, you get into the music and don't feel like your working out.

Always great to have fun with your workouts!

Too bad at my gym they only have Zumba once a week....
  • I did the online videos. They were quite fun, but also made it clear I am SO not cooredinated. Well, there go my dreams of becoming a professional dancer...

There are Zumba classes at the Y right across the street. I don't want to join the Y, though, would just like to be able to pay to attend the classes. Don't know if you can do that...
  • So you CAN do zumba class without joining the Y, but it's $15 per class.

Good news: I won a Zumba video system in a silent auction at work today!! We're raising money for the family we adopted for the holidays.

I did the "learn the moves" dvd, and did get my heart rate up and got sweaty for 50 minutes. Also reminded myself that I have NO coordination. Oh well, it was fun!