Double chin exercises that work?

• So, I know about the exercise where you put your head back and sorta but your bottom lip over your top lip, I've been doing that. Does anyone know of any more that actually work?
  • Sorry to say ... a double chin is caused by fat and the only thing that will remove the double chin is to remove the fat - i.e. lose weight.

• Thought so - Just didn't want to believe it! I wanted an easy way out! haha
  • Quote: Sorry to say ... a double chin is caused by fat and the only thing that will remove the double chin is to remove the fat - i.e. lose weight.

Agreed. Some people show their weight loss in their faces first, though!
  • Does anyone know of any good exercises to strengthen the muscles in the neck? (To help keep away a sagging neckline.)
  • Best exercise to strengthen a sagging neck is yoga's lion pose. Sit on your knees, focus on your brow point, stick out your tongue down toward your chin and say (loudly) "AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" Try not to have laughing convulsions before you finish the exercise. I do it, but it's hard. It really works, but it feels really silly. I keep imagining an entire class doing this exercise and it nearly kills me!
  • Leslie Sansone's You Can Do Pilates dvd is an intense neck stregthener for me.
  • Raise your head back and stick your tongue in and out.
  • Have you seen that "As Seen On TV" neck exerciser? lol It looks like a stick w/ springs and supposedly will tone your neck. I saw it on Tv and then at my Walgreen's! Runs about $20...you never know!
  • Quote: Best exercise to strengthen a sagging neck is yoga's lion pose. Sit on your knees, focus on your brow point, stick out your tongue down toward your chin and say (loudly) "AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" Try not to have laughing convulsions before you finish the exercise. I do it, but it's hard. It really works, but it feels really silly. I keep imagining an entire class doing this exercise and it nearly kills me!
    Did you get that from Greer Childer's Body Flex? I remember doing that move and another one for the face... alot of people laughed and knocked it, but I think it did help.

There's also the Facial Flex thing on QVC, I have it, I haven't used it in awhile but it did work the facial muscles pretty good. (I'm not good with sticking to using or doing these type of things long enough to see results... (haha, sounds like why I give up on my diet plans.) I guess you could try it and if you don't like it you can send it back within the 30days, QVC is pretty good with their return policy.
  • Ah, I hate having a double chin especially when I see it in pictures that people have taken of me! Wish I could tape my chin back so it doesn't just hang when I smile big lol
  • Quote: Agreed. Some people show their weight loss in their faces first, though!
    It is strange that, how different people lose at different places first. I've heard for women the hips/thighs/butt are the last place to lose from, and for men the abdomen.
  • If this encourages anyone else, I had a serious double-chin as in it looked like I had no neck. Once I lost weight, it completely went away. I wasn't convinced it would! So it is possible After I lost a lot of weight and I had a defined jawline again, I remember my mom saying "I didn't want to saying anything but I wasn't sure you'd ever lost your double-chin!" - she was shocked how different I looked. In fact, people literally don't recognize me now if they only knew me when I was heavier.